• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasmineray
    MiceChatter
    • Jun 2012

[Fun] RDCT: How to Top It

I think I can speak for some people when I say Remember... Dreams Come True is one of the best firework shows to ever debut at Disneyland. In two years, it will be RDCT's tenth birthday. With rumors going around that Disneyland will be receiving a new firework show in the next couple of years, I couldn't help but think about how Disney could top RDCT and create a better show.

Any ideas?
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land
  • DreamsofColor
    • Jan 2011

Re: RDCT: How to Top It

I really love when Disney thinks "outside the box" when creating fireworks shows. A fine example of this is Disneyland Paris's Disney Dreams show. Although CA's Disneyland doesn't have a big enough castle to use the projection technology effectively, I'm hoping we will eventually see something close to it. Whether it be on the castle or elsewhere. Hopefully Steve Davison will be attached to whatever comes down the line.

"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

Comment

• JamesDusenberry
      MiceChatter
      • Feb 2008

Simple answer is... They Can't. That show was amazing in large part because it is the only show they've ever done that brought you through the history and lands of the park which made you go through your own cherished memories of it as well. It also is the only fireworks show to include Walt Disney speaking in it and the only one that really celebrated the park itself rather than abstract Disney-esque concepts like "Magical" or "Believe".
      Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
      -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
      -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
      -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
      -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
      -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
      -Walt Disney

Comment

• jasmineray
        MiceChatter
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by DreamsofColor View Post
        I really love when Disney thinks "outside the box" when creating fireworks shows. A fine example of this is Disneyland Paris's Disney Dreams show. Although CA's Disneyland doesn't have a big enough castle to use the projection technology effectively, I'm hoping we will eventually see something close to it. Whether it be on the castle or elsewhere. Hopefully Steve Davison will be attached to whatever comes down the line.

Dreams is really an excellent show, but, like you said, it's impossible to incorporate a show like that to SBC's needs.

Comment

• BogLurch
          Inactive
          • Jun 2005

I agree thematically and park history-wise they may not be able to eclipse "Remembere".

As to whether they can technically or artistically, I'm hoping they push the tech again. Disney popularized the pattern shells and chipping them to normalize detonations in more than a predictive manner. They pushed for computerized synchronization using that tech and took the shows in new, innovative directions. Then when that was no longer 'shiny', they pushed to bring in full surround effects, low-level propane pyro and limited burst shells, laser effects and more.

So far they've an AMAZING track record. Like I said, thematically I don't know if they can do a show more perfect for the park than Remember. I'm pretty confident they can make a better show overall though.
          Last edited by BogLurch; 07-15-2013, 01:36 PM. Reason: corrected wrong show name that stuck in my head despite all efforts to remove it
          Account abandoned due to trolls

Comment

• jasmineray
            MiceChatter
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by JamesDusenberry View Post
            Simple answer is... They Can't. That show was amazing in large part because it is the only show they've ever done that brought you through the history and lands of the park which made you go through your own cherished memories of it as well. It also is the only fireworks show to include Walt Disney speaking in it and the only one that really celebrated the park itself rather than abstract Disney-esque concepts like "Magical" or "Believe".
            Hhmm, I don't know. I think if enough effort was put in, the show can be topped. Unfortunately, I can't seem to think of how they can.

Comment

• Diznygrl
              MiceChatter
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by JamesDusenberry View Post

This. I think what makes Remember so great is that it celebrates DISNEYLAND and all the things you've seen there throughout the day, or sometime in the past, rather than just doing another generic Disney movie song mashup show (although they have that bit from 'Wishes' in the beginning, but quite frankly I think the show could do without it). Personally I feel the only way they would be able to top it is if they continued to focus on different aspects of Disneyland's past and present, and even then I'm not so sure how it would work out.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X