This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Haunted mansion holiday 2013

So I heard that some things were going to be changed for the Haunted Mansion Holiday 2013. Does anyone know what that is that they are changing? If they haven't/won't tell anything that's fine.
    I'm going this year, and I would like to be in on everything like what kind of parties their having, what kind of special releases their having and stuff like that.

When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?" .
    Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Mathew 19:25-26

Re: Haunted mansion holiday 2013

I haven't heard anything - but they do change the gingerbread house in the ballroom every year. They usually unveil it and have an article/photos on it on the Disney website...and it's always a work of art. That's one expected change you can look forward to seeing.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by Malina View Post
      I haven't heard anything - but they do change the gingerbread house in the ballroom every year. They usually unveil it and have an article/photos on it on the Disney website...and it's always a work of art. That's one expected change you can look forward to seeing.
      Yeah! I know that they change that every year
      This was on the Wikipedia, so I'm just curious what it means...
      "On September 13, 2013 (Friday the 13th) the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland will open in celebration of its 13th anniversary outfitted with new effects and set pieces."
      I'm very curious to know what the new effects and set pieces are....

When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?" .
      Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Mathew 19:25-26

Comment

Originally posted by Vanitas View Post
        Yeah! I know that they change that every year
        This was on the Wikipedia, so I'm just curious what it means...
        "On September 13, 2013 (Friday the 13th) the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland will open in celebration of its 13th anniversary outfitted with new effects and set pieces."
        I'm very curious to know what the new effects and set pieces are....
        Well, Wikipedia's not a trusted source for anything...so until Disney (or a reliable source) says something, take it with a grain of salt.
        Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

There is supposed to be a Villains party on September 13, 2013 as part of Limited Time Magic. Not sure if that involves the Haunted Mansion, but the dancing trees from the Sing Along Songs video would be SWEEEEEEET!!
          It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

I doubt you can expect much, first of all, they started decking out the Haunted Mansion in 2001, not 2000, so 2013 would be the 12 year not the 13th year. That would be the first indicator that nothing major is going to happen. Now, they could possibly do something because it is 2013, ending in "13" but I think that would be a stretch. They change certain elements every year, not just the gingerbread house, slight changes, so it's always slightly different. I wouldn't be keeping your hopes up for something major though.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
              I doubt you can expect much, first of all, they started decking out the Haunted Mansion in 2001, not 2000, so 2013 would be the 12 year not the 13th year. That would be the first indicator that nothing major is going to happen. Now, they could possibly do something because it is 2013, ending in "13" but I think that would be a stretch. They change certain elements every year, not just the gingerbread house, slight changes, so it's always slightly different. I wouldn't be keeping your hopes up for something major though.
              Actually, that's quite the opposite... I was actually really hoping that nothing major was changed! haha!

Someone needs to go change that Wikipedia page then! I remember I've been once because I have to fly there, and It was back in 2011. But, I do want to go back this year.
              September 13th is Friday the 13th, and that's when it opens, and then it is 2013, so maybe they might do something involving the number "13" inside, but like I said, I'm really hoping that nothing too big get's changed.....

Originally posted by ghosty4 View Post
              There is supposed to be a Villains party on September 13, 2013 as part of Limited Time Magic. Not sure if that involves the Haunted Mansion, but the dancing trees from the Sing Along Songs video would be SWEEEEEEET!!
              You mean this guy????
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Hanging_tree.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	7351737
              Not quite sure what you mean by sing along video, but I know that that's the singing tree from The Nightmare Before Christmas...

Comment

These guys
                Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
                Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
                Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
                Neverland since 1996.
                ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Comment

This year marks the 20th anniversary of The Nightmare Before Christmas. I wouldn't be surprised if the DLR did something special to mark the occasion.
                  Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Yes, 2001 was the 1st year for Haunted Mansion Holiday, and that does in fact make 2013, the 13th year that Jack will Deck the Haunted Mansion Halls.

WDW does have a special pin event for 9-13-13, on their events calendar, but not for DL Anaheim. At the recent Tiki room event, they did have a table displaying some of the future pin releases for 2013, and this did include some pins scheduled for release on 9-13-13 at DL.com
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I'm hoping they do something a bit more substantial - for the first several years, the opening of the Holiday overlay was an event as everyone flooded the ride seeing what's new from year to year.

Then the changes became much less substantial or noticeable. I haven't actually gone on the overlay the last two years for that reason. I'm hoping this is a decent modification, as it'd make it worth putting back on the 'worth dealing with' list.
                      Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

I have no idea, Vanitas. Hopefully if there are any changes, they're improvements. I love the Holiday overlay.
                        Originally Posted by m3wthr33
                        Disneyland's closed for all of 2011. See you in 2012. Snow White is now a water ride, Matterhorn has a fullsize basketball court where the Clippers have relocated to, and King Arthur's Carousel is suspended 250ft. in the air.

Originally Posted by calsig31
                        They attractions have to have air conditioning. What else would people go into Innoventions for?

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                          Yes, 2001 was the 1st year for Haunted Mansion Holiday, and that does in fact make 2013, the 13th year that Jack will Deck the Haunted Mansion Halls.
                          True my math skills must be still in bed today like the rest of me should be. LOL

Comment

True my math skills must be still in bed today like the rest of me should be. LOL
                            Well' it is the 12th anniversary of the 1st HMH. , if that makes you feel any better. ;-)
                            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by jasmineray View Post
                              This year marks the 20th anniversary of The Nightmare Before Christmas. I wouldn't be surprised if the DLR did something special to mark the occasion.
                              I know right??? It's my all time favorite movie!
                              This may sound like a lie, but it's the truth i promise: two years ago, I was sick on the week of Halloween (the flu) and I decided to sit down and watch the Nightmare before christmas that entire week to memorize it. I watched it 3 times a day for 7 days (21 times) and so now, to this day, I know it from beginning to end....
                              Originally posted by Aladdin View Post

WDW does have a special pin event for 9-13-13, on their events calendar, but not for DL Anaheim. At the recent Tiki room event, they did have a table displaying some of the future pin releases for 2013, and this did include some pins scheduled for release on 9-13-13 at DL.com
                              I'm sure they will have new pin releases (I REALLY hope so! ) but I don't know if it will be a day or not....
                              Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
                              I'm hoping they do something a bit more substantial - for the first several years, the opening of the Holiday overlay was an event as everyone flooded the ride seeing what's new from year to year.

Then the changes became much less substantial or noticeable. I haven't actually gone on the overlay the last two years for that reason. I'm hoping this is a decent modification, as it'd make it worth putting back on the 'worth dealing with' list.
                              Yeah, as long as they don't take out my favorite parts

Originally posted by Guro540 View Post
                              I have no idea, Vanitas. Hopefully if there are any changes, they're improvements. I love the Holiday overlay.
                              It's Disney, my guess is that it will be improvements, but you never know.... hahaha!
                              Btw, LOVE the profile picture and location ))))

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X