X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News New Official Albums for Disney Parks

Disney Parks Blog just announced these.

This seems like a solid collection of music. I would prefer if there were 10 CD's with ALL the park music on them, but this is a good collection. I just tracked down a copy of the 2008 Official Soundtrack and am loving it, but I don't know if there is enough different here to justify a new purchase. Some of the difference are the addition of Cars Land, Little Mermaid, and Midway Mania as well as the removal of the 50th anniversary fireworks and the general lack of any show music at all. It seems a little odd that there isn't any World of Color montage or something along those lines.

What does everyone else think? Are you going to get it? What would you have liked to see on there?

(PS I tried posting this once before so if this shows up as a duplicate then WHOOPS!)

re: New Official Albums for Disney Parks

On the WDW album, can someone tell me what the CTX theme is from?

Comment

I've been waiting for Toy Story Mania music for six years! This is the best news I've heard in forever! No Star Tours music on that list though :/ I'm also looking forward to the Submarine Voyage track. Hopefully it's not the one we already have...
      "I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it"
      -Walt Disney

Comment

Years back Disneyland had custom CD kiosks set up in one of the Main Street stores where you could sort through a hefty selection of all the music from the parks, past and present. I still have one playable disc that includes the full original Submarine Voyage, significant portions of the BTM loop, and a few of the shanties from the Columbia.

I dearly wish they'd make that available again in some format. The music's there, I already HAVE three close to identical "music of the parks" style CDs.
        Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfn View Post
          On the WDW album, can someone tell me what the CTX theme is from?

Countdown To eXtinction

Comment

what is "The Throne Room" and "The Cleaner"?
            "If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by DreamsofColor View Post
              what is "The Throne Room" and "The Cleaner"?

The Throne Room I'm guessing is from Star Wars. They play it often when you exit Star Tours. Now that it's part of Disney, I guess they can just start posting music from the Star Wars universe more often.

"The Cleaner" is one of the great tracks from Toy Story 2. Often played in the Esplanade (I think) or in Hollywoodland.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Ah! Thank you!

Well that seems a bit of a copout if they are just using music from other soundtracks on an official album. Either way, I'm looking forward to hearing the new music.
                Last edited by DreamsofColor; 07-30-2013, 05:40 PM.
                "If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

Comment

I think Disneyland's sounds just interesting enough that it may warrant a purchase. WDW's sounds so similar that I think I can skip it as I have all (most?) of it in my collection already.

Comment

Re: New Official Albums for Disney Parks

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
                    Years back Disneyland had custom CD kiosks set up in one of the Main Street stores where you could sort through a hefty selection of all the music from the parks, past and present. I still have one playable disc that includes the full original Submarine Voyage, significant portions of the BTM loop, and a few of the shanties from the Columbia.
                    I still have mine. Like you, I got the complete Subs audio, and I also got the complete America Sings show. Gawd, I hate Innoventions.

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post

I dearly wish they'd make that available again in some format. The music's there, I already HAVE three close to identical "music of the parks" style CDs.
                      I would LOVE something like this!! To pick and choose the music just from my favorites... *sigh*

I have the 50th anniversary collection of music and listen to it almost daily while I'm driving. I'll have to check this out to see if there is enough new content to warrant a purchase. Thanks for posting about it!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                      KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

I made it to track 2 "Married Life" before declaring my intent to purchase.

YES!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                        KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

I wish they'd had the Soundsational Parade on the soundtrack.

Comment

Wow! What are the odds that they could get Mickey and pals to pose exactly the same way at both DLR and WDW.
                            WDW - 1987 & 1991
                            DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                            DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by DreamsofColor View Post
                              Ah! Thank you!

Well that seems a bit of a copout if they are just using music from other soundtracks on an official album. Either way, I'm looking forward to hearing the new music.
                              It's not just music from other soundtracks. This is music you hear while you're walking around the park. "Married Life" for example is from Up. They play that all the time on Main Street...and it sounds great!
                              sigpic
                              Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X