This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Third Tunnel?

I thought the other day, as I was at the park, both leaving and entering the tunnels at the train station at the end, of Main St.:

Why is there no third tunnel at this location? It's always WAY too many people trying to converge upon the same small space. With just 1 more tunnel (I think 2 more is probably, more than really is necessary for this proposal), no more crowding problems. You could just go right under the middle; there's nothing there now anyway. Otherwise they need to put in another way to get in to the park - perhaps right around the side and into Frontierland?

What do you think?

Re: Third Tunnel?

The biggest problem I run into is the cross traffic after leaving the tunnels blocking the exits from them - people who leave on the far wing and then need to cross all the way to the opposite side of the area to get out the gate.

I've long suspected at least half of the end of day traffic issues there could be solved by having two equal sized exits disgorging on either side around the entry area. I'm sure they have reasons why they don't want to - I can guess at a few, such as more easily funneling traffic into DTD.
    Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Wasn't it because Walt didn't want people entering the park to have a dead-on view of main street? Like going through the side tunnels were a transformation from reality into his world of fantasy?
      Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

No.

it would eliminate the floral mickey as well as the steps up to the train station.

Keep it as is.

Comment

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...-entrance.html

Comment

Originally posted by G24T View Post
            Wasn't it because Walt didn't want people entering the park to have a dead-on view of main street? Like going through the side tunnels were a transformation from reality into his world of fantasy?
            this exactly.
            Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report
            World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report
            My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report
            My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party
            My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
            My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club
            My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report
            My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
            My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report
            My October, 2011 Trip Report
            My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

What I don't understand is why the gates on the west side of the entrance are rarely opened for exiting the park? While I'm at it, I'm also bothered by the fountain that does nothing more than create a traffic name when heading to/from the tram loading area. To go one step further, I wish the tram loading zone on the north side of the tram zone was always open in the evening time. (the area to the right after you exit the esplanade.)

Comment

Originally posted by moregumboplease View Post
                What I don't understand is why the gates on the west side of the entrance are rarely opened for exiting the park?
                It depends on what parking lot is getting the heaviest influx of arriving guests. Typically later in the day it's Mickey and Friends.

While I'm at it, I'm also bothered by the fountain that does nothing more than create a traffic name when heading to/from the tram loading area. To go one step further, I wish the tram loading zone on the north side of the tram zone was always open in the evening time. (the area to the right after you exit the esplanade.)
                The tram loading zones are open depending on things like staffing and how many trams are in service. The fountain as of late has become a kiddie pool for kids (albeit a very dangerous one because of the water jets) and has drawn quite a crowd of loiterers to it. Sadly they need to put a sign or a fence or something so that little kids don't go playing in it.
                Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

3rd tunnel? We may be reaching a point where they will need to expand the tunnels.

In WDW the tunnels are bigger, as are the pathways to accommodate the large crowds they expected after DL was built for less crowds than showed up. WDW has an semi even flow of guests where as DL has huge peaks and small lows of guests. Also when exiting at WDW many go right to the monorails, left to the buses and strait or soft left to the boats. At DL many go right or left few to DCA especially at peak time like night. This likely makes the traffic flow problems worse at DL.

Stay right, we are in America, go with the flow rather than against it.
                  Be Cool Stay in School!
                  Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

How about we just exit out of the tunnel that we know the exit is closest to. I almost always defy the laws of staying to the right and walk out of the tunnel closest to the exit gates.

But of course it depends on the flow of foot traffic. Sometimes that is easier said than done... like after a parade. *shudder*
                    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X