This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Review] the new indy effects

On Monday I went to Disneyland to check out the brand new indy mara effect. The wait wasn't really all that bad, space the entire day had a longer wait. As your turn the corner and your fate is revealed the new voice to me doesn't seem all that out of place, for that specific spiel, we got the observatory of the future, the doors opened to bright blue colors and as we approached mara his eyes suddenly opened, such an awesome effect, also everything that happens to him facially is very awesome. I'm so thrilled Disney pays attention to their attractions and they come up with ways how they can plus the experience for their guests, let's be honest the strobe light eyes and smoke was a little out dated, so 90's. Now onto the not so good, the ugly... That's right the voice, first off its a female voice not a man's voice, the whole "you looked into my eyes" spiel sounds just god awful, its so out of place and sounds... Wrong. I don't know who came up with the idea that a voice change was needed but...yeah.... Um, think again bro. So as far as mara goes I give it a solid B+ I would have gone with an A- would it have not been for that terrible new voice. Something else I wanted to point out that not many may have notice, the snake that lunges at your jeep has been upgraded, at first it just simply lunged at your jeep, like a BOO effect, I noticed on Monday that its entire body now moves with the head making it more surreal

The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Comment

Re: the new indy effects

AGREED.
      I don't mind the new voice at all, I was honestly surprised with how much drama there has been over it.

Comment

Any change in an attraction usually causes an uproar within the Disney fan community.

Comment

You couldn't be more wrong. They change Star Tours and everyone loves it. They change Space Mountain and everyone loves it. They change Mara's voice and everyone hates it. Not because it's different and people can't handle change but because it's worse than the original. Everyone loves the new projection effect a change people can handle.
          Last edited by Quentin; 08-22-2013, 05:28 PM. Reason: Spelling
          Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
            You couldn't be more wrong. They change Stsr Tours and everyone loves it. They change Space Mountain and everyone loves it. They change Mara's voice and everyone hates it. Not because it's different and people can't handle change but because it's worse than the original. Everyone loves the new projection effect a change people can handle.
            exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Serendie View Post
              AGREED.
              I don't mind the new voice at all, I was honestly surprised with how much drama there has been over it.
              Did you guys hear the voice, though? It's pretty awful - and that is unanimous. It's not just the Disney fanboys that are opposed to it.

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                Did you guys hear the voice, though? It's pretty awful - and that is unanimous. It's not just the Disney fanboys that are opposed to it.
                I noticed on youtube that the top comments on the various videos complain about the new voice, so it isn't just hardcore Disney fans that are opposed to the change.

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
                  You couldn't be more wrong. They change Star Tours and everyone loves it. They change Space Mountain and everyone loves it. They change Mara's voice and everyone hates it. Not because it's different and people can't handle change but because it's worse than the original. Everyone loves the new projection effect a change people can handle.
                  This
                  http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.ebba

Comment

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
                    I noticed on youtube that the top comments on the various videos complain about the new voice, so it isn't just hardcore Disney fans that are opposed to the change.
                    I noticed that also

Comment

Yup!

Comment

I'm pretty sure that only hardcore Disney fans are going to YouTube to hear the new voice on Indy.

Comment

Because if there's one group who's opinion I trust, it would be Youtube commenters.

Comment

Originally posted by ProvoAggie View Post
                            I'm pretty sure that only hardcore Disney fans are going to YouTube to hear the new voice on Indy.
                            The age of the internet. Things spread QUICKLY

Comment

Yes, of course I heard the voice or I wouldn't be commenting here. I will agree, it's quite a difference from the original and took me by surprise at first. However, I have no problems with the new one.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X