Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another New Indiana Jones effect no one noticed?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Another New Indiana Jones effect no one noticed?

I was recently on the ride to check out the new Mara effect (which was amazing btw) and in the skull room after the snake encounter I noticed that the skull projection on top or (scrim idk) had little swirls all around it, its never done this before and I was wondering if that was a new effect as well?

Re: Another New Indiana Jones effect no one noticed?

It's always been there, it goes un noticed cause everyone is looking ahead to see what's coming next and not necesarilly whats up above. But yeah basically all it is, its a scrim and a projection on it when you enter the skull room, it's little things like the in noticeable in attractions that really makes Disney attractions the best, I still go on certain rides that I may see something and wonder if it may be new when in reality its been there a long time

Comment

Originally posted by OfficeDepot14 View Post
      It's always been there, it goes un noticed cause everyone is looking ahead to see what's coming next and not necesarilly whats up above. But yeah basically all it is, its a scrim and a projection on it when you enter the skull room, it's little things like the in noticeable in attractions that really makes Disney attractions the best, I still go on certain rides that I may see something and wonder if it may be new when in reality its been there a long time
      Yes, I agree. I've been on Indy more times than I can count since it first opened, but only last week noticed that there is a small waterfall/fountain at the base of the lava room. Go figure, huh? I know it's not new as my son pointed this fact out to me, but I had never noticed it. Always something new to see if ya look, right?

Comment

No one noticed the new flying fridge?

Comment

Yes, the swirls of light on the existing scrim are new, I believe. It used to just flash, but I believe new mapping techniques are in use now.
          WELCOME ABOARD
          THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

I think the swirls are new.

Comment

Originally posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
              No one noticed the new flying fridge?
              First belly laugh I've had all day. Thank you!
              "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

i noticed this for the first time last week as well

Comment

I think the swirl is new, the effect makes it look like the ghost/spirit is flying down to your jeep rather than just chilling and watching you from above.
                  http://twitter.com/TheDLBro

http://thedisneylandbro.tumblr.com

Comment

The swirls are new, I noticed them this week as well
                    I really need to make a signature. Something Disney related. Ooh, I know. What about "The 12th Disney Princess?" I like that.

Comment

Went sunday 8/25 & The jeeps seem to have more lateral "wiggle" than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by FREQDUDE View Post
                        Yes, I agree. I've been on Indy more times than I can count since it first opened, but only last week noticed that there is a small waterfall/fountain at the base of the lava room.
                        I, too, only just noticed last week that there is a waterfall at the base of the statue. Kinda makes me wonder if they just turned it on last week after it being off for a while.
                        It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Well there is that new light coming out of the door that Indy is trying to close in the beginning. Or has that been there for a while lol
                          if ye be brave or fool enough to face a pirate's curse, proceed.

Comment

You mean when Indy is holding back the aurora borealis?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkwingdolt View Post
                              Went sunday 8/25 & The jeeps seem to have more lateral "wiggle" than usual.
                              Noticed as well. It's awesome!
                              Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X