This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Halloween Time Food

Does anyone know if any of the special food from last nights event will be available through the season? The pumpkin beignets were sold out by the time I got there. I love me some seasonal foods, and although my love affair with the clam chowder bowl is special, I would like to change it up with some fall offerings if they're around.

Re: Halloween Time Food

Pumpkin beignets? I hope they continue to offer... that sounds really good! Pumpkin Beignet vs the cro-nut ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Astrophel1 View Post
      Does anyone know if any of the special food from last nights event will be available through the season? The pumpkin beignets were sold out by the time I got there. I love me some seasonal foods, and although my love affair with the clam chowder bowl is special, I would like to change it up with some fall offerings if they're around.
      Pumpkin Beingets will definitely be available all season long, along with Pumpkin cheesecakes, pies, muffins and cupcakes. Disneyland once again has some great seasonal menu items this year.

Other seasonal offerings this year include:

Family Style Halloween Cookie Bake at Big Thunder Ranch BBQ
      Snicker doodle Cookie topped with Pumpkin Ice Cream and Caramel.

Pumpkin Fritters, Royal Street Verandah

Muffelleta Sandwiches and Jack Oreo Coffin Cake, French Market

Pepper Jack Skellington Burger, Carnation Cafe
      Sourdough bread, beef patty, pepper jack and white cheddar cheese, bacon, grilled onions and spicy burger sauce. Served with purple potato wedges.

Wicked Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Village Haus
      Mushrooms, Swiss, spicy red pepper spread.

Dia de Los Muertos tamales and Pumpkin Flan with orange cake, Rancho de Zocalo

Vampire Chicken Pizza, Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta
      Garlic sauce, Gouda, mozzarella, tomato concasse and balsamic glaze.

Monster Mac and Cheese Pizza, Red Rockkets

Monster Burger - only on party nights
      Standard looking burger with grilled onions served with fries covered in blue and green Parmesan ranch "ooze"

Coq au Vin, Cafe Orleans
      Chicken braised in wine, bacon, mushrooms and garlic

Pork Tenderloin Wellington, Blue Bayou

Fish Sandwich, Hungry Bear

I'll be very busy trying as much as I can this season!

Comment

Any other special "merchandise" with food or snack items this year, beside the Jack Skellington coffin? And are any photos of these other items available?

I have seen a photo of Popcorn Buck from WDW with Mickey dressed as the Hatbox Ghost - will that be available in DL also?

How about and special Halloweentime hot and/or cold beverage containers , and what do they look like?
        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Thank you for that list, Grizzly! If can ask,what is the source - 'inside' restaurant info from training or such? As have not seen that posted on Disney Parks Blog or any of the other usual official sources - if accurate, need to have that Cafe Orleans coq au vin in particular.
          when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Originally posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
            Thank you for that list, Grizzly! If can ask,what is the source - 'inside' restaurant info from training or such? As have not seen that posted on Disney Parks Blog or any of the other usual official sources - if accurate, need to have that Cafe Orleans coq au vin in particular.
            Disney makes a run down of all the Halloween offerings, merchandise and food available to cms to share with guests so its not really insider info. One was kind enough to email me the list of food since they knew it was of interest to me. Sure enough everything seemed to be at the park on Friday. Already tried the Jack Skellington burger and it was terrific!
            Last edited by Grizzly; 09-15-2013, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post

I have seen a photo of Popcorn Buck from WDW with Mickey dressed as the Hatbox Ghost - will that be available in DL ?
              I'm pretty sure they will be. Same goes for the mugs, but I don't know what he design will be. I didn't see them in the park on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly View Post
                Disney makes a run down of all the Halloween offerings, merchandise and food available to cms to share with guests so its not really insider info. One was kind enough to email me the list of food since they knew it was of interest to me. Sure enough everything seemed to be at the park on Friday. Already tried the Jack Skellington burger and it was terrific!
                Thank you very much for sharing it!

Comment

Count me in for the Coq au Vin at Cafe Orleans!

Comment

Thanks Grizzly! The Monster Burger for party nights only, where is that being served?

Comment

The Monster Burger will be at Tomorrowland Terrace. I guess they are having a Monsters Inc dance party there during the parties.

Comment

Here's the official post at the parks blog with some pics

Lots of Sweet, Savory Delights for Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort « Disney Parks Blog

Comment

Have to say, tried the pumpkin begniets today and was not a fan. They were dry, flat, doughy, and tasted mostly like artificial cinnamon. Real bengniets for us next time. Husband had the coq au Vin and love it, though.

Comment

I'd heard somewhere this was the year they were selling the 'zombie gingerbread men' as a cookie option in bakeries finally - was that just a rumor or accurate?

Comment

Oh my gosh... the Muffeletta sandwich, Pepper Jack Skellington Burger, Wicked Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Pumpkin Flan, Fish Sandwich... I would also be down for the Mac n Cheese pizza but it sounds a little heavy on the carbs and light on the protein!
                              After this Halloween season I am going to be very broke from spending my entire income on park food! These all sound so amazing and I haven't even tried a single one of them yet!

The Fried Apple Burritos looked SO good on the 13th but I didn't get one... are they still around at the Halloween Carnival? I think the Candy Corn cotton candy is just too cute too...

Okay guys, what do you recommend? Where should I start? Because I don't know if I'll be able to eat my way through all these and I need to seriously prioritize!
                              Last edited by StrikeYerColors; 09-24-2013, 11:39 PM.
                              "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X