This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Could THIS work?

If you have followed my last few posts, I have gone into a full-on nostalgic trip with the Country Bear Jamboree. This show was a great escape while I waited for a couple years to experience Splash Mountain. Well I recently posted on the topic that if the Bears did come back, where would they go? One suggestion that came up was one that I easily overlooked. The solution was simple: take out a bit of the stores in Critter Country and expand beyond.

SO....I actually took a few minutes out of my day and drew up this...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CBJ Plan..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	7373352

Could this work? Your thoughts?
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

Re: Could THIS work?

good idea, then I would have more reasons to go into Critter Country other than for Splash Mountain

Comment

The older I get, the more interested I am in finding a reason to sit down in an air-conditioned theater and hear bad puns...
      "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

Comment

Originally posted by DobbysCloset View Post
        The older I get, the more interested I am in finding a reason to sit down in an air-conditioned theater and hear bad puns...
        Same here...better that than go through a mediocre ride of a more merchandisable character.
        DISTINCTLY
        UNPATRIOTIC!

Comment

It won't work because CBJ is over at Disneyland. I would rather see them tear down the current Winnie the Pooh attraction and do a Hundred Acre Wood and Pooh attraction (aka the Tokyo DL version) and use as much space as needed.

If they wanted to bring back CBJ in some form they can turn the Hungry Bear Restaurant into Golden Horseshoe type venue where you can eat and watch the bears perform.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisal73 View Post
            It won't work because CBJ is over at Disneyland. I would rather see them tear down the current Winnie the Pooh attraction and do a Hundred Acre Wood and Pooh attraction (aka the Tokyo DL version) and use as much space as needed.

If they wanted to bring back CBJ in some form they can turn the Hungry Bear Restaurant into Golden Horseshoe type venue where you can eat and watch the bears perform.
            I like your idea as well.

Comment

I would rather another darkride go in that spot. Bambi would fit the theme, and also provide another attraction for the stroller set on that side of the park.

It's always struck me that they put a Pooh ride that would be a huge draw for the pre-school set way over by itself in a corner of the park that is dominated by rides that are somewhat age restricted. The closest ride to Pooh that is friendly to 3 year olds is maybe the Tiki Room, or even the Castle FL darkrides. That's a long walk back there past Indy, Pirates, HM, and Splash for just one ride.
              "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post
                It's always struck me that they put a Pooh ride that would be a huge draw for the pre-school set way over by itself in a corner of the park that is dominated by rides that are somewhat age restricted. The closest ride to Pooh that is friendly to 3 year olds is maybe the Tiki Room, or even the Castle FL darkrides. That's a long walk back there past Indy, Pirates, HM, and Splash for just one ride.
                ITA. I think Pooh would be super popular if it were in Fantasyland or Frontierland but when it's the only little-kid friendly ride in that side of the park, parents may or may not want to bother with the long walk.
                Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by Brisal73 View Post
                  No, please, no...the Hungry Bear is one of those quiet oases in the park that need to be preserved.

Comment

Only if they could build it underground would it work as a show building would block a major road that all backstage vehicles use. If they knocked out the festival arena it could fit there easily, but not necessarily in the right land.
                    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Malina View Post
                      No, please, no...the Hungry Bear is one of those quiet oases in the park that need to be preserved.
                      After the current state of everyone with the Court of Angels, I think this is a solid point.
                      DISTINCTLY
                      UNPATRIOTIC!

Comment

Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post
                        The closest ride to Pooh that is friendly to 3 year olds is maybe the Tiki Room, or even the Castle FL darkrides.
                        You are forgetting the mansion, Pirates, the island, and the canoes. None of them have height restrictions and one can even take their infants on them.
                        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by DobbysCloset View Post
                          ha! love this.
                          “You know, I have the strangest feeling I've seen that ship before... a long time ago, when I was very young.” ―George Darling

It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                            You are forgetting the mansion, Pirates, the island, and the canoes. None of them have height restrictions and one can even take their infants on them.
                            True, but I wouldn't consider the Mansion to be a benign, child - oriented ride the same way Pooh or, say, Dumbo, are. Even though some preschoolers love the Mansion, I daresay some are scared senseless by it. The same is probably true for Pirates because of the skeletons and the loud noises. Most parents with preschoolers probably spend a lot more time in the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland/Toontown side of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Malina View Post
                              True, but I wouldn't consider the Mansion to be a benign, child - oriented ride the same way Pooh or, say, Dumbo, are. Even though some preschoolers love the Mansion, I daresay some are scared senseless by it. The same is probably true for Pirates because of the skeletons and the loud noises. Most parents with preschoolers probably spend a lot more time in the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland/Toontown side of the park.
                              Yes, while they have no technical restrictions, lots of parents avoid taking the really little ones on Pirates & HM due to both the length of the rides, and the scary/dark atmosphere.
                              "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X