Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Fastpass at Haunted Mansion Holiday??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] No Fastpass at Haunted Mansion Holiday??

I was at the park today and the line for the Haunted Mansion was snaking all the way around the fountain to the train station. The wait was well over an hour...and there was no Fastpass available.

I know they did this last year for a little while and then switched to FP - any chance that will happen again? I know there are a lot of FP haters here and I'm not looking for a(nother) debate on the merits of Fastpass...I'd just like to see the Mansion this year without waiting 75 minutes so I'm hoping there will be someone in the know on this.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Re: No Fastpass at Haunted Mansion Holiday??

They had the sinage up for FP before it opened, then took it down.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Oh man. I hope they reconsider and put it back up.

Comment

Good!

Omnimovers don't need Fastpass.
        For Disney Theme Park Video Click Here!

Comment

I think it's just the initial crunch of the season. I rode Haunted Mansion Holiday about 4 times last October during my 3-day visit and I never waited longer than 20min.

It also could have something to do with the new effects. People who normally would skip it are riding to see the new effects.
          Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
            They had the sinage up for FP before it opened, then took it down.
            That's great news. I hope they don't decide to get stupid and add fastpass to this ride. Maybe someday, Disney will realize that fastpass just increases the standby waits to beyond ridiculous and over crowds the walkways.

However, they probably don't care because they feel it increases their retail and food sales. That's really what it is all about for Disney anyway.
            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

As long as the Fastpass distribution area stays, I'll be happy. It's a great place to snap some photos!

Comment

A CM told me they would be doing them starting October.

Comment

On Saturday night the wait time said 45 minutes but noticed the line was always moving. The wait time was no more than 25 minutes. Hope they don't bring back FastPass!

Comment

While Fastpass does create a good strategy for guests, especially for this attraction in particular, it's best that it does not return period. If anything, the reason the line can sometimes stretch out to the fountain area is because of the Fastpass option.

I applaud Disney on the route they took here. If only it stays around during the Xmas season.
                    Stopping in the middle is
                    DISTINCTLY
                    UNPATRIOTIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Jayce View Post
                      Great, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                        That's great news. I hope they don't decide to get stupid and add fastpass to this ride. Maybe someday, Disney will realize that fastpass just increases the standby waits to beyond ridiculous and over crowds the walkways.

However, they probably don't care because they feel it increases their retail and food sales. That's really what it is all about for Disney anyway.
                        this

Comment

Originally posted by Jayce View Post
                          Let's hope they are wrong.
                          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I have experienced Haunted Mansion Holiday with and without fastpass and I can assure you that the attraction and surrounding areas are so much more pleasant since the queue actually moves quickly, tons of people aren't trying to get a fastpass, and eliminates those who are blocking or loitering in the pathways while waiting for their return window. On average the stand-by wait time for HMH is 30-45 minutes without fastpass and over 75 minutes with.
                            Last edited by Seawolf; 09-23-2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
                              I have experienced Haunted Mansion Holiday with and without fastpass and I can assure you that the attraction and surrounding areas are so much more pleasant since the queue actually moves quickly, tons of people aren't trying to get a fastpass, and eliminates those who are blocking or loitering in the pathways while waiting for their return window. On average the stand-by wait time for HMH is 30-45 minutes without fastpass and over 75 minutes with.
                              ...except that yesterday was the first time I've ever seen the line go almost to the train station - which blocked the entire fountain area - the wait was 60 - 75 minutes...and there wasn't any Fastpass to blame for it.

I find that things are much more pleasant when one can get a Fastpass (and check out the HM Fastpass distribution area, which is very cool) and get into the ride quickly.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X