Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] My Mad T Party video got pulled - Help?

Hi everyone. If this is the wrong place to post this, I'm sorry. I posted a video to Youtube back in June of 2012 taken with my smartphone as my wife and I walked through the Mad T Party in DCA. Today I got an email from Youtube/Google saying my video had been removed because Veniamin Shows Inc claims they own the copyright to my video.

I did a google search for their name, and found out they are the ones who supplied the Magic Slinky for the T Party.

I'm pretty sure they can't claim copyright on my home video of walking through DCA. Can anyone help me with drafting a response to their claim so I can get my video reinstated?

Re: My Mad T Party video got pulled - Help?

their website....it's...i don't even know to say about their website.....
    all magic comes with a price

Comment

They absolutely can claim copyright on it. I'm baffled as to why they would though.
      10 year AP holder for Disneyland and finally just upgraded to the Premium pass!

Disney Infinity Power Discs for sale/trade.

Started the blog Disney Geekery. Hope you all check it out

Comment

My best guess is you filmed something that ruined the magic of the effect, something that they didn't want people to see on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
          My best guess is you filmed something that ruined the magic of the effect, something that they didn't want people to see on youtube.
          Nope. Just us walking through the T Party and showing the various sites, which included a section that had the human slinky performing in it. It wasn't the whole performance or anything like that.

Comment

Were you making money for that youtube account? That would be a problem.
            Be Cool Stay in School!
            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
              Were you making money for that youtube account? That would be a problem.
              No. Just an account I use to share home movies on with family and the occasional message board. Nothing commercial about it.

Comment

It's weird, they can claim copyright on the music eventhough you recorded it. They flagged one of my videos once.
                I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
                - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

I could understand that a bit if it was a record label complaining. I'm pretty sure the Human Slinky wasn't dancing to a song their company composed and recorded. Also, I'm pretty sure ambient music picked up when recording something in a public place is exempted from copyright claims under fair use.

Comment

If OP didn't specifically film the slinky then I don't think it should be a problem.

Even if they have this right it's really funny because on their (tacky as all get out) website they have a section for "home videos"!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckwa View Post
                      Hi everyone. If this is the wrong place to post this, I'm sorry. I posted a video to Youtube back in June of 2012 taken with my smartphone as my wife and I walked through the Mad T Party in DCA. Today I got an email from Youtube/Google saying my video had been removed because Veniamin Shows Inc claims they own the copyright to my video.

I did a google search for their name, and found out they are the ones who supplied the Magic Slinky for the T Party.

I'm pretty sure they can't claim copyright on my home video of walking through DCA. Can anyone help me with drafting a response to their claim so I can get my video reinstated?

I think they can but not sure.

It reminds me of how you cannot sell Disneyland photos you have taken with your camera due to something about the photos being taken on their property..

Comment

A friend of mine who had clips of different stuff happening at the Mad T Party from last year had his video, which had 20 seconds of the Slinky guy, removed because of Veniamin Show Inc claiming copyright. He told me he searched other Mad T Party videos on YouTube, and there were some longer videos of the Slinky guy that were still up.

I quickly checked and there are still a few videos dedicated just to the Slinky guy still up. So I don't know if they are picking and choosing which ones to claim copyright or what

Comment

Originally posted by Trident View Post
                          A friend of mine who had clips of different stuff happening at the Mad T Party from last year had his video, which had 20 seconds of the Slinky guy, removed because of Veniamin Show Inc claiming copyright. He told me he searched other Mad T Party videos on YouTube, and there were some longer videos of the Slinky guy that were still up.

I quickly checked and there are still a few videos dedicated just to the Slinky guy still up. So I don't know if they are picking and choosing which ones to claim copyright or what
                          They are, if it doesn't feature the slinky it's a no go. They have a section with slinky fan videos on their site.

Comment

I recently uploaded a video from the Halloween Mad T Party and it was recently flagged, this is what they say:

Your video may include a song owned by a third party. For example, this might be a song playing in the background or someone performing a song.

To hear the matched song please play the video on the right. The video will play from the point where the matched content was identified.

Your video is available and playable.

Here are the details:

"BRING ME TO LIFE", musical composition administered by: 5:34 SACEM
                            BMG_Rights_Management
                            PRS CS
                            UMPI

I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
                            - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

Originally posted by chuckwa View Post

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X