This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flavored Churros?

Here's a completely pedestrian question for ya.

Many moons ago (like, more than four years) I remember they had flavored churros around Disneyland. I remember an apple and a strawberry, and that they were in different locations (as in, not every location sold every flavor).

Do they still do that, or is it cinnamon or bust?
    Mr. Dark
    Writer, Disney geek, madman.

Re: Flavored Churros?

No more flavors...

They were SOOOO FREAKIN' GOOD TOO! :rant:

Comment

They used to have a chocolate one with grape flavoring in Tomorrowland. Mmmm, that was good.

Comment

I don't remember those? When were those available?

Comment

Originally posted by wrs28220
          I don't remember those? When were those available?
          I can't remember exactly, but it was after New Tomorrowland, so it would have been after 1998. The only cart that had them was in Tomorrowland, by where the entrance to Buzz is right now, I think. They only had them for a while as an experiment, as I recall.

Comment

Those were wonderful! They still have one flavor, though:

The Pineapple Dole Whip Churro (Dole Whip sold seperately, and likely in a land other than the one you purchased your Churro in).

Yes folks, that outlaw churro has to cross state lines in order to become the *glorious* Dole Whip Churro.

Originally posted by Soulquarian
            No more flavors...

They were SOOOO FREAKIN' GOOD TOO! :rant:

Comment

How about the smoked turkey flavored churro?

No?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Demigod
                How about the smoked turkey flavored churro?

No?
                Churro wrapped Turkely Leg?! YES !!!!

</sarcasm> no!!!!!

Actually I should try it first before I judge.

Comment

I think they still have the flavored churros at DCA - between GRR and the SF walkthrough.

Comment

Man I miss those. They were soooo good. Dose any one know why they stopped selling them?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirton
                      Man I miss those. They were soooo good. Dose any one know why they stopped selling them?
                      They weren't very popular. The most popular other flavor was strawberry and it wasn't a huge seller.

Comment

Wait...hold the phone... The got rid of the Strawberry Churros??? DAMN YOU DISNEY!!!

Maybe this Pixar deal will bring them back. Right? A man can dream.

Comment

Thanks everyone, at least now we know not to go searching for them. See, my wife had her first churro a couple of weeks ago (she's a relative newbie to the parks) and when I told her they came in strawberry she was overjoyed. Her exact quote, mere moments ago, upon hearing this news: 'well, that sucks.'

But hey, we still have the original nummy cinnamon flavor, so that works.
                          Mr. Dark
                          Writer, Disney geek, madman.

Comment

Originally posted by Lacrossedragon
                            Wait...hold the phone... The got rid of the Strawberry Churros??? DAMN YOU DISNEY!!!

Maybe this Pixar deal will bring them back. Right? A man can dream.
                            We all know that the flavored churros was a major platform of the SaveDisney campaign. In fact, I hear Roy started clearing out his office when he learned they had been pulled.

Comment

The chocolate flavored churro was only sold in Bug's Land,
                              or "Dirt Flavor" as they called it.

The Strawberry Flavored churros were my favorite! they
                              were sold at both DL and DCA, but sometimes, you had to
                              hunt them down.

The Strawberry Churro in a Dole Whip was THE BEST!!!!

MMMMMMMM!!!!!!
                              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X