Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oct 14 - 17 Daughters first Vacation in two years with photos.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Oct 14 - 17 Daughters first Vacation in two years with photos.

This was our second trip this year for my wife and I, but the first trip for our daughter in two years. In fact it was here first vacation in two years.

With this in mind we were prepared we ordered the photopass plus and we got our reservations for the hotel early. We also made sure that we had our Halloween party tickets, after all that was the point of the whole trip, and it is a separate trip report.

Oct 14 our first day, we drove down to DL the actual drive took about 7 hours of driving. After the Grape vine we took 210 and then 57, we have had bad experiences taking I5 all the way. Besides the path we take has car pool lanes so it helps to make up for the extra distance. But there were 2 wrecks so that slowed us down a little. We checked into the Grand Californian at around 3:30 PM.

Check in was quick they gave us a 3rd floor room. We do not stay at the California Grand often, this was only the second time that we had stayed there, but one of the nights at the Disneyland Hotel was not discounted for the Annual pass so we paid a little extra and had a great stay.

After our luggage arrived we headed to the park.

We went to DCA and picked up our photo pass plus and then hit the park.

We ate at the Pacific Wharf Cafe. My wife had the loaded Potato soup, my daughter had the clam chowder, and I had the shrimp louie. All were very good. In fact I was shocked when I dug into my Shrimp Louie, I have never seen so much shrimp in a shrimp louie, I do not know if this is normal but I loved it.

We rode Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, this was my wife's and daughter's first time and they both loved it.

Then we went to Luigi's Flying tires the line on this one was short also so we hopped on.

we checked Radiator Springs Racers and it was a 75 to 90 minute wait for standby so we passed.

We then went to Grizzly River Run, it was late and dark but we rode it anyway.

we did wait around for a while, the 5 minute walk on ended up being more like 30 since there was a technical difficulty and we had to wait for them to get the ride going again.

Now that we were wet it was time to go to the room.

This is a photo of what we saw when we looked out of the room.

More of the trip report will be posted latter.

Re: Oct 14 - 17 Daughters first Vacation in two years with photos.

For some reason I read the title as 17 daughters first trip... :lol:
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by mouseknotts View Post
      ...After the Grape vine we took 210 and then 57, we have had bad experiences taking I5 all the way.
      Another alternate route: 210 to 605 to 91 to 5
      Originally posted by mouseknotts View Post
      This is a photo of what we saw when we looked out of the room.

What is that black cloud to the left of the Golden Zephyr?

Comment

^ a tree?

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
          For some reason I read the title as 17 daughters first trip... :lol:
          17 daughters that is the stuff of nightmares lol.

Comment

Day 2 October 15.
            Started the day by taking a photo of my photo pass plus card and then left the camera on the table. I did not remember it until we were in DL. So the first part of the day is with out photos.
            The last part of the day is the Party and that was covered under a different trip report.

My Daughter downloaded the wait time app to her I phone, for the most part it seemed to be right on.

We went to DL for the early morning.
            Rode the Matterhorn.
            Then rode Alice in wonder land.
            We rode Peter Pan, there was a little wait but nothing like normal.
            Rode Indiana Jones it was a 10 minute wait. My daughter loved what they have done to the ride she had not ridden it since the last referb.
            Ate breakfast at the River Belle Terrace, the food was good and the view was great. We ate and watched people go by.
            Rode Pirates of the Caribbean it was a walk on.
            Rode Haunted Mansion it was a walk on we walked from the gate to the stretching room.
            We went to the Jamboree area and took in the Halloween activities.

The tea cups from the mono rail

The Jamboree area.

The pumpkin carving is worth checking out.

Look who we ran into on the way to main street.

The entertainment is always good and you can find it all over the park if you take time to slow down. My daughter kept on saying that this was the best trip she had. We took our time and enjoyed what was around us.

We went back to the room and got ready for the party.

Comment

Day 3 Oct 16

This was the early entry day for DCA.
              They told us that the fast passes for Radiator Springs Racers would not open until the park opened.

they had the CM walk ahead of everyone with a cars land "gas hose" this kept people from running. You can see them in the photos.

We followed the suggestions that have been posted on this site before. We stayed together and stayed to the right.
              When we got to the Radiator Springs entrance I saw something I had never seen before, so I took a picture. A 10 minute wait.

This was the first time our daughter had been on Radiator Springs Racers, she loved it.

After wards we rode Matter.

Ate breakfast at Floes.
              Then we stopped by to see how long the line was for Radiator Springs Fast pas was. The line went around the front of Carthay circle. so we decided to pass.

Rode Mickey Fun wheel.

Rode the Little Mermaid.

Used the same setting on the camera manual mode at 1/25 sec shutter and auto ASA.

Stopped and watched some of the entertainment.

our daughter was selected to participate.

Then they called some of the young children up to join in.

We stopped by and chatted with the Mayor of Buena Vista street.

Looked at cars land at night.

Rode Grizzly river run and then ate at the lucky fortune cookie.

Went back to the Grand Californian to call it a night since the park closed at 8 pm.

They had someone telling the children stories at the lobby fireplace.
              They had a viewing area set up to see movies at the outside fireplace.
              I thought that was a nice touch.
              one more full day left.

Comment

Day 4 Oct 17
                last day in the park tomorrow we go home.
                went to DL on early entry, rode the Matter horn.
                Rode small world.

We used the wait time app on the daughters phone to see what rides had for a wait time and then chose what ride to go on.
                It helped to save time and walking.
                Did photo pass with Merida

The bears were out today, they were not there during the Halloween Party.
                We met many great people and Cm during this trip. That always improves the trip.
                Watched the boot strap band they are always fun.

Watched Mickey and the Magic map. It was on our must see list. There seemed to be more people watching it this time than before.

Ate an early dinner at the Wine Country Trattoria the food was good and we got the fast passes for WOC.
                We watched the Pixar Play parade

And then watched the lighting of Cars Land.

Went to BVS to see it at night.

we went early to wait for the viewing areas to open up for WOC got a great spot on the fence just above the wet zone.

The perfect end to a Perfect trip.
                As we went back through the lobby of the Grand Californian Hotel they were having another movie night at the outside Fireplace. I like all of the special touches they do.

My daughter still says that this trip was the best one ever. I love it when you leave with great memories. The several hundred photos don't hurt either.
                Now to plan for the next trip we hope to make it down in April.

Comment

GREAT trip report. I adore how you had a good trip with your Daughter and that she had such a good time with her parents. I can only wish that when my kids get older they will still want to come to Disney with me.
                  I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Comment

Originally posted by Meville View Post
                    GREAT trip report. I adore how you had a good trip with your Daughter and that she had such a good time with her parents. I can only wish that when my kids get older they will still want to come to Disney with me.
                    that always is an individual case. Some times you have to let them work things out and keep on taking them if they want to go. We were very low key and we would agree on what we wanted to do together, but also gave the freedom to do things on her own.

Comment

Well, my mouse-ear hat is off to you sir! Looked like a lot of fun for everyone.

I dream of the day that we can stay at the Grand Cali!
                      I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X