Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAS updates please

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] DAS updates please

    We'll be going to Disneyland in November and I would like to hear from those who have gone through the experiences of the DAS system. The reason is that we can write out a narrative for our daughter so she will not be totally surprised and confused using DAS. Facts more than opinions but opinions are welcomed. Good and bad facts. And any tips would be very welcomed.
    Thank you.

  • #2
    Re: DAS updates please

    I suggest checking out the disABILITIES board (try searching for it under the exact spelling i listed, it's in the disboards site). Tons of information and first hand experience.
    “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: DAS updates please

      Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
      We'll be going to Disneyland in November and I would like to hear from those who have gone through the experiences of the DAS system. The reason is that we can write out a narrative for our daughter so she will not be totally surprised and confused using DAS. Facts more than opinions but opinions are welcomed. Good and bad facts. And any tips would be very welcomed.
      Thank you.
      WHOA!!!
      not touching this one with a 10' pole...
      "Raiders Suck"
      -Walt Disney

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: DAS updates please

        Originally posted by Acpisme View Post
        I suggest checking out the disABILITIES board (try searching for it under the exact spelling i listed, it's in the disboards site). Tons of information and first hand experience.
        Thank you. Seems like the newness of the system has to be taken into account.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: DAS updates please

          I just listened to the last Disboards podcast and it sounds like people with wheelchairs/ecv's are having a horrible time in the alternative wait lines. After they are given a return time card and come back after that time, they still have to wait ridiculous amounts of time to actually get on the ride. I forget which day this was, but it was during MHP not long after the DAS was implemented. Hopefully some of these kinks have been ironed out somewhat by now.
          [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: DAS updates please

            I have use the non wheel chair a couple times. If u have any detailed question u can pm me. First u go to city hall and explain why you need the pass like you did before. If u meet the standards they will give you the pass. They take your picture and it appears in color on the pass. Next you sign it and say you agree to the rules. They will ask you then if you know the first ride you want to go on. They will do the current wait time minus 10 min. They write this on the back of the cards. Now u r free to wonder the park till it is time to go in the rides. I noticed most of the bigger rides were roughly an hour. Once you ride the ride you can get another time. There are kioks through out the park to get the next time. Your daughter does not have to be with u to get the time. The kioks are outside the store by buzz light year, outside of mr toads wild ride, at the end of main st at the information center and my the exit of haunted mansion.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: DAS updates please

              Originally posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
              I just listened to the last Disboards podcast and it sounds like people with wheelchairs/ecv's are having a horrible time in the alternative wait lines. After they are given a return time card and come back after that time, they still have to wait ridiculous amounts of time to actually get on the ride. I forget which day this was, but it was during MHP not long after the DAS was implemented. Hopefully some of these kinks have been ironed out somewhat by now.
              Fast Pass does not operate during the Halloween Party. Since DAS is based on wait times for Fast Passes, I can understand why there was a long wait. They probably had to wait the equivalent of stand-by.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: DAS updates please

                Das is based on current standby line

                Comment

                Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X