Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pocahontas dark ride?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] Pocahontas dark ride?

    Yes, I'm another WDW convert coming straight from their first trip to DL with a head full of thoughts! I was wondering what people thought about a Pocahontas dark ride between Fantasyland and Frontierland. It seems that there is room off of Big Thunder Trail (to the north, behind the "doggy dump" between Big Thunder Ranch and Casey Junior/Storybook Land) or possibly taking over part of the backstage area to the south. It's a character/movie that doesn't get much love in the parks and it would make for a reasonable transition between the lands.

    Thanks again for allowing me to fanboy out tonight. I'll stop with the random ideas now....

  • #2
    Re: Pocahontas dark ride?

    I think a much larger land or subland will eventually straddle the berm and take over the Festival Arena and everything above Big Thunder. Pocahontas should set up tipees instead of the Pirates overly on TS Island.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Pocahontas dark ride?

      If that happens, I hope there's a path added around RoA to connect with Critter Country on the backside. The dead end at Splash Mountain isn't so great for crowd flow (especially during Fantasmic).

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Pocahontas dark ride?

        As much as I would love this ride, it'll never happen as Pocahontas is not one of the top 10 highest grossing Disney films of all time. And that's all that seems to matter anymore when it comes to developing new attractions.
        Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Pocahontas dark ride?

          Do rides promote video/merch sales? I think it's a bit of a chicken/egg scenario. That being said, we may be past the window of opportunity on this one.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Pocahontas dark ride?

            Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
            I think a much larger land or subland will eventually straddle the berm and take over the Festival Arena and everything above Big Thunder. Pocahontas should set up tipees instead of the Pirates overly on TS Island.
            it does seem to connect pretty well there. I would like to see it happen

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Pocahontas dark ride?

              Originally posted by SpectroMan View Post
              As much as I would love this ride, it'll never happen as Pocahontas is not one of the top 10 highest grossing Disney films of all time. And that's all that seems to matter anymore when it comes to developing new attractions.
              That's a bit negative considering how much attention she's gotten in their new shows like WOC and Magical Map. If Song of the South can have ride, any movie can. I'm not sure a dark ride fits this movie, but film representation is long overdue in Frontierland ,and this is one of their best. Isn't there a village for her in Disneyland Paris?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Pocahontas dark ride?

                Originally posted by LD1984 View Post
                That's a bit negative considering how much attention she's gotten in their new shows like WOC and Magical Map. If Song of the South can have ride, any movie can. I'm not sure a dark ride fits this movie, but film representation is long overdue in Frontierland ,and this is one of their best. Isn't there a village for her in Disneyland Paris?
                Technically yes, but its just a playground and doesn't exactly have any ties to Pocahontas other than the name.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Pocahontas dark ride?

                  No, let's fix TL first.
                  sigpic

                  This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Pocahontas dark ride?

                    Originally posted by ssaamm View Post
                    Technically yes, but its just a playground and doesn't exactly have any ties to Pocahontas other than the name.
                    It's more like a playground from McDonalds than a real Indian tribute.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Pocahontas dark ride?

                      I was never a huge Pocahontas fan, so I probably wouldn't enjoy any Pocahontas inclusion into the parks. It's surprising enough there is a segment in World of Color.
                      Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.











                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Pocahontas dark ride?

                        Actually, to me Critter Country is the first thing that jumps to mind when I think of a Pocahantas ride. Are we talking about a typical Mr. Toad's kind of dark ride? There's plenty of room backstage, so they could take out the stores in the back (where the Mile Long Bar used to be) and build one there. But I don't see Disney being able to justify the cost of a new dark ride by removing merchandise locations that do generate revenue (especially the great candy shop, as good as the one on Main St and MUCH less crowded) for a ride that would not in of itself attract any additional guests to the park. So I think that the shout out in WoC is probably the best you can hope for.
                        Disneyland Cast Member
                        Outdoor Vending
                        1996 - 1999

                        My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
                        http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Pocahontas dark ride?

                          Originally posted by Big D View Post
                          Actually, to me Critter Country is the first thing that jumps to mind when I think of a Pocahantas ride...
                          I like this idea, but is Critter Country the Deep South? Pocahontas was from Virginia.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Pocahontas dark ride?

                            Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                            No, let's fix TL first.
                            ^This.....a 1,000 times this^

                            Originally posted by DrFink View Post
                            I was never a huge Pocahontas fan, so I probably wouldn't enjoy any Pocahontas inclusion into the parks. It's surprising enough there is a segment in World of Color.
                            Me neither.....never could get over the main song/lecture from the woman wearing a deer skin outfit scolding the guy wearing wool about how the animals are our friends and what-not :lol:

                            Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                            I like this idea, but is Critter Country the Deep South? Pocahontas was from Virginia.
                            Bear Country was supposed to be the Great Northwest.....but Splash Mountain is decidedly an attraction with a Southern imprint.
                            Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Pocahontas dark ride?

                              Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                              I like this idea, but is Critter Country the Deep South? Pocahontas was from Virginia.
                              Well, Splash Mountain is from Song of the South, and Country Bear Jamboree was supposed to be in the south.
                              Disneyland Cast Member
                              Outdoor Vending
                              1996 - 1999

                              My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
                              http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X