This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Christmas Day Parade Filming

Just curious when the Christmas Day Parade filming happens. I know it usually is early November, but have heard nothing about it yet. Any insight?

Re: Christmas Day Parade Filming

Word has it that it is this weekend.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

It is this weekend. Look at the online entertainment schedule. A Saturday, in November, with little to no entertainment to speak of, especially no parades. That's usually the day.
      It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

not saturday

Comment

It's this weekend. I used to work for a group that is part of the filming, and their site says it's this weekend.
          Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Is the park extremely crowded the day(s) that the Christmas parade is filmed?

Comment

The Dance the Magic site indicates it's this weekend. The area around Main Street will tend to be congested while the filming is going on. It may be a challenge getting up and down Main Street. Likewise, around the hub and Castle if they do filming in front of the Castle. But, the rest of the park is usually a moderate day crowdwise, in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
                The Dance the Magic site indicates it's this weekend. The area around Main Street will tend to be congested while the filming is going on. It may be a challenge getting up and down Main Street. Likewise, around the hub and Castle if they do filming in front of the Castle. But, the rest of the park is usually a moderate day crowdwise, in my experience.
                HOWEVER, this year it coincides with Veteran's Day (Monday this year), making it a 3 Day Weekend for MANY, and in recent years Veteran's Day has often meant RECORD ATTENDANCE. THIS could very well be an EXTREMELY BUSY 3 DAY HOLIDAY Weekend!!!!
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

It looks like the parade portion will be filmed Saturday and stage performances Sunday like every year. Regular Christmas Parade starts running friday
                  Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
                  http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

Does anyone know who is performing this year?

Comment

If you are going to DL this weekend bring plenty of patience and expect delays and major congestion all day when traveling down Main St. We were there last year and this was our experience. It would be nice if they could open up the backstage walkway behind the West side of Main St. Last year Saturday was really warm and it was slightly amusing seeing the crowds sitting in the Socal Santa Ana conditions with big, thick Christmas sweaters, jackets and hats.

Comment

Looks like Saturday shouldn't be too bad since they are just doing concerts. Sunday morning when the parade is being filmed on Main Street is the time to avoid. In the past the parade filming usually doesn't start on time so I would say avoid Disneyland until about 1pm.

Comment

That's so odd that they're switching the talent to Saturday and the filmed parade to Sunday this year. I wonder why?

I heard about some of the acts that are performing from another place, but couldn't find anywhere to confirm it. Guess I'll just have to wait and see till tomorrow!

Comment

They were definitely filming today. Lots of lighting rigs up everywhere and all that jazz up and down Main Street and in front of the castle. We didn't stick around long enough to watch though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X