This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News CM Who Set Off Dry Ice Bomb Convicted

"A former employee of Disneyland was convicted and sentenced today for possessing a destructive device after two water bottles containing dry ice exploded in a Toontown trash bag and vending cart. Christian Isaiah Barnes, 23, Long Beach, pleaded guilty to a court offer to one misdemeanor count of possession of a destructive device. He was sentenced to 36 days in jail, three years informal probation, 100 hours of community service, and ordered to stay away from Disneyland."

Welcome to the Orange County DA Office - Press Releases/Media Advisories
    Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Re: CM Who Set Off Dry Ice Bomb Convicted

Thanks for the update. Looks like they have sent quite the message that this type of stuff won't be tolerated.

Comment

Should have been 6 months.
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Why? Nobody got hurt, nor could they probably have been hurt by a dry ice bomb in the garbage can. Even if your hands were in the can, even if you were a janitor changing the bag. It wasn't a real explosive.

Comment

Different times we live in.
          The Mur

Comment

It shouldn't have been a criminal charge... He should have been fired and called it a day.
            WELCOME ABOARD
            THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric5675 View Post
              It shouldn't have been a criminal charge... He should have been fired and called it a day.
              Agreed. Enough of the people who want to lock him up for life over nothing. Oh gosh here we go again w/this debate...

Comment

agreed

Comment

Originally posted by kkocka View Post
                  Agreed. Enough of the people who want to lock him up for life over nothing. Oh gosh here we go again w/this debate...

ugh i know. some people love to be drama in their own ways. i hope this thread gets moved to the litter box or moved away for good.

Comment

I guess that guy who set off the dry ice bombs at LAX a few weeks ago should get off with a light sentence too. Apparently those who set off dry ice bombs are doing it for giggles.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                      I guess that guy who set off the dry ice bombs at LAX a few weeks ago should get off with a light sentence too. Apparently those who set off dry ice bombs are doing it for giggles.
                      In that case, the intent was different. One was a fairly common occurrence (Disneyland) that got out of hand. The other (LAX) intended to cause disruption and fear.

There's a difference. I mean, we don't send 1st graders to jail because they pinch someone, even though legally, that's what should be done...
                      WELCOME ABOARD
                      THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                        Why? Nobody got hurt, nor could they probably have been hurt by a dry ice bomb in the garbage can. Even if your hands were in the can, even if you were a janitor changing the bag. It wasn't a real explosive.
                        In that case, the intent was different. One was a fairly common occurrence (Disneyland) that got out of hand. The other (LAX) intended to cause disruption and fear.
                        I'm confused. If this wasn't a "real explosive", then how can the same bomb at LAX cause possibly cause disruption and fear? Evidently, the same bomb at Disneyland is something so innocent as to only a deserve a relative slap on the wrist as punishment,

Comment

Well....I think this is fair enough for a prank gone wrong where no one got hurt....while I dont think we should throw people in jail for non violent crimes/crimes that hurt anyone in anyway

Just think before acting...
                          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

UPDATE: They also found the guy who killed Marvin Acme, R.K. Maroon and Eddie Valiant's brother.

Comment

How is dry ice considered a weapon? It gives off CO2 and when comes in contact with water dissipates faster. They use it even for the stage shows as an effect.
                              Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
                              http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X