This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Reviews on Carthay Circle?

I've been meaning to try out Carthay Circle for quite some time now. I wanted to maybe go for an anniversary or just a nice occasion, maybe date night? I've heard mixed reviews, so I was wondering what you guys thought about it. Price range? How's the food? Ambiance? Also what do you recommend when going there? Thank You in advance

I went for Valentines day last year with my wife. The ambiance is pretty spectacular, not blue bayou level but the ceiling mural is amazing. The food was good, my favorite was the firecracker duck wings. It is really expensive, a little more than Blue Bayou prices but I felt the quality of food was better than BB. Also, they have some really good cocktails if you are into that sort of thing. I had a scotch on the rocks with some muddled lemon and it was super tastey.
    Goonies Never Say Die

Comment

Re: Reviews on Carthay Circle?

The food blows anything else away in the parks, especially Blue Bayou. Maybe the ambiance isn't the same - clearly its not - but the experience is fantastic. If you don't object to blowing good money on fine dining, then do it! It doesn't feel as cheap as Blue Bayou can/does either, because you tend to be amongst people who appreciate class and finer tastes. Not always that way (you'll see strollers or casual clothes) but you also aren't seeing balloons and glow ears on the neighboring attraction either.

Comment

We went a couple of weeks ago and the food was really good. Quick tip, though, be sure to request indoor seating if you want to enjoy the ambiance. They sat us outside and it just happened to be parade time. INCREDIBLY loud and pretty much ruined the experience. With the prices, you are paying for food AND atmosphere...we ended up only being able to enjoy the food half of the experience.

*edited to clarify that we were on the outdoor balcony

Comment

Ambience: great.
          Price: kind of high.
          Food: eh. Was too fussy for my taste and the portions were less than I would have hoped for.
          Cocktails: great stuff here.

The Carthay serves tea and cocktails in the bar area downstairs, which is fun.

I have only been there once, for the record. Should probably try it again.
          I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I think the restaurant is good, but slightly overpriced - or maybe not, based on the context. But if you are looking for an anniversary experience, there's nothing better than reserving a seat at the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose. Exceptional food, and you can either order off the menu or have the chef prepare a meal for you based on your likes and dislikes. Pricey, but the best dining experience at the resort in my opinion - much better food than Club 33. The Chef's Counter books up quite early, so you'd want to call the Napa Rose directly (I don't think you can reserve a seat at the counter via Disneyland Dining) as soon as you have a date in mind.
            Chef Mayhem
            Designated a USA Today Hotsite
            Webmaster, TellNoTales.com
            Designated a Yahoo! Site of the Day

Comment

The food was meh for us. They overcooked everything. Cocktails were great. Price... its Disney... its high period. Ambiance...Nice. Service... poor. I'd give it a second try, but fool me twice and I'm going to be pissed. BB was hands down better for us on all levels including the quality/preparation of the food.
              Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report
              World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report
              My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report
              My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party
              My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
              My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club
              My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report
              My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
              My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report
              My October, 2011 Trip Report
              My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

When we went we absolutely loved it! The food and the service was incredible. Our server was absolutely amazing. We sat on the outside balcony when the parade went by and loved it. It was pricey, but we knew that going in so no shocks there. Felt that it was worth the price. I highly recommend it and can hardly wait to go again.
                Originally posted by migo
                I poop with joy!
                Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Mind you, I've only been once, but I was underwhelmed. We had lunch. My wife had the Strawberry Chicken Salad (she loved it) and I had the 8oz Angus Burger (meh at best). Cocktails were amazing.

Next time I'll actually pony up a little more money and have a true fine dining experience at the Napa Rose.

Comment

The Napa Rose has the better food and Carthay has the better atmosphere. Both have great service.

Comment

We attempted to eat there once, and walked out. We were seated much later than the time we reserved, and when we finally got to our table we sat there for a quite a while without being acknowledged by any servers (no "be right with you!" or drink orders). We were also surrounded by tables with children who were not behaving appropriately for the restaurant. Yes, I understand it's in Disneyland, but there are far better options to bring hyper children you won't bother to discipline than to a place like Carthay Circle.

Sorry I'm not of much help, but I wouldn't expect fast service based on our experience. I have no idea about the food, and hope to try it again someday with better luck!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                      KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

We ate their once, and felt overall it was a good experience. The food was what I call "fancy", very adorned and small portions, but good. The ambience was great, but I can see what Kelly was talking about as far as kids. I have two girls who behaved like angels, but a rowdy kid court certainly spoil a very expensive meal, taking it from fine dining to your local buffet on a Friday night. It's worth a try, and probably even better to create some memories with those you love.
                        Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

We have dined there three times, and enjoyed each experience greatly.
                          We like getting a 5pm reservation in order to watch the Pixar Parade from the balcony.
                          Food wise, we love the Firecracker Duck Wings, Short Rib Raviolis and the Lamb Chop/Osso Bucco.
                          The drinks are incredible. I highly recommend the Tequila Daisy.
                          It is very pricey, as others have mentioned...but it is Disneyland.
                          Napa Rose in the GCH is another great option.

Comment

I've had three meals there, and each time my experience was quite good. The atmosphere is definitely unique, and if you are into the golden age of Hollywood as I am, you will appreciate it on a different level. Eating on the terrace is fun, but I think eating in the main dining room (or even one of the flanking dining rooms) offers a better experience. The food itself is also unique. I believe the most typical thing they have is a burger (which, costs about $20), and everything else is more "fancy." If you want to save some money, have lunch instead of dinner. I certainly recommend dining there for a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary. Also, my suggestion is to get there early and if you drink, hit up the bar. The bartenders tend to be quite fun to talk to, and they make some really good, old-school drinks. If you're planning to go during the holidays, they may have brought back their chocolate peppermint dessert, which I had early this year and found to be very delectable. Carthay Circle is definitely our preferred go-to for a special occasion in the parks nowadays versus Blue Bayou.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyrand1 View Post
                              My wife had the Strawberry Chicken Salad (she loved it) and I had the 8oz Angus Burger (meh at best). Cocktails were amazing.

Yeah burger was the rookie move! Cocktails are very top notch as well, I suggest you try another food option next time! You can get a burger anywhere.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X