Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fastpass Return Enforcement - How has your park experience changed?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Fastpass Return Enforcement - How has your park experience changed?

A very hot topic for so long was late fastpass returns, and how it allowed you to maximize your FP usage... which there was a consequence about how when many people did this at the same time (say.. after fireworks) the impact on standby could be huge.

So in Feb of this year, the rumors and signs pointed to DLR finally following WDW and start enforcing FP return times. Amazingly, this topic has been extremely quiet since the Feb-April timeframe. Its hard to even find signs that the policy is still in place! So how has your park experience changed since this change?

Better? Worse? Do you still see the huge surge hitting Indy or Space Mountain late at night?

Re: Fastpass Return Enforcement - How has your park experience changed?

I always used by FP as soon as the return time window opened up anyway, so no change at all for me. I have noticed less FP people returning at night, however.

Comment

I've also always returned in the window, so there's no change in what I do. I've noticed a couple of instances of guests getting upset at CMs, though. There was an incident I witnessed at DCA on Friday at Soarin' where the guests were arguing with the CMs (and I did overhear the CM saying something like "you can't come back after your return time, sir...") and basically blocking the way into the FastPass line altogether.

I've only seen that happen a few times, though. And the FP line does seem to move much faster now.
      Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

I usually return at the time so it doesn't bother me too much. I will always dislike flexibility being lost but oh well. I haven't noticed much difference except now the FP lines are a lot longer during the earlier hours but not terrible. I haven't seen an improvement in standby lines.
        In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Nothing's changed for me. I always go as soon as it's available for use.
          Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

I was "that guy" who abused the lax rules of the FP system. My park experience has changed, although it was something I knew would come. It has been very easy to adjust. I simply return in the window. The thing that disappoints me the most about it is the FP return times I get for 8:40 to 9:40 aren't very useful. I still get the same number of FP, just when I use them has changed. I did find my ride count dropped slightly as a result of being forced into standby's during the days crowd peak instead of floating through on FP's collected earlier in the day. There are still tricks you can use though. I'll use the FP's towards the end of the return time so if the ride breaks down anytime during the return time you can then come back at peak crowd or night if you prefer. Is really nice when you get a morning return time for Racers and if it goes down you can return at night! While my total daily ride count went down slightly my FP ride count stayed the same.

The enforcement hasn't completely gotten ridden of the super long FP lines in the evening. For some reason I kept getting unlucky with my Space return times and I encountered huge FP lines after the fireworks at Space Mountain. (Although I went pre-DAS and most the people I saw in the FP line during these times were GAC holders) So it probably did help by removing people like me who didn't use earlier FP's until then.

In the end it was an easy change to adapt to, it does require a lot more walking as you have to jump around the parks more, but I enjoy that so it turned out for the better I think. Fast Pass enforcement was a good thing in my opinion. While it did change how I move around the park and when I get FP's for certain rides it didn't lower my enjoyment of the park.
            Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

I've always returned within the fastpass time window. Never changed my experience at all. It's honestly not that hard to return back at the time printed. It's actually stopped long fastpass waits.

Comment

I always used my FastPasses correctly, so it hasn't really changed my experiences. Seeing that other people finally were forced to follow the rules, I did notice the lines for both FP and standby moved a lot smoother and quicker.

Except for Indiana Jones. That line is long and will stand still for many minutes no matter what you do. Same for RSR.
                Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Like some others, I've never tried to cheat the fastpass system and I always just return at my allotted time.
                  It never occurred to me to do anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
                    Like some others, I've never tried to cheat the fastpass system and I always just return at my allotted time.
                    It never occurred to me to do anything else.
                    I'm right there with ya man. I never knew that they weren't enforcing the return times so we always returned within the time frame printed on the passes.

Comment

Originally posted by moregumboplease View Post
                      I'm right there with ya man. I never knew that they weren't enforcing the return times so we always returned within the time frame printed on the passes.
                      I didn't know until 2008, I was bored while waiting for some food and read the back of the ticket. It said, "cannot accept early arrivals." Did not say anything about showing up late. So I asked a CM who confirmed you didn't have to return on time. That was a game changer right there.
                      Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Its interesting to see all the neutral to positive feedback.

In years past people argued it was either impossible (holding up thecm reading the ticket) or it would be the death of how they visit the park.

The quietness on the topic pretty much makes it sound like the naysayers were exaggerating. Kind of like GAC reform too... Shy hasn't fallen yet

Comment

I was a person who would use the FP system as it was established: RETURN AFTER A TIME. I was not breaking any rules when it said, "Return Time: 2:30-3:30," and then return at 5:00. If I was breaking a rule, they would not have allowed me to use the FP.

Having said that, I don't really feel that the 'strict return time' has done much good, in fact, I feel it has done worse in my case than good. It's my understanding that Disney implemented FP so that we, the customer, would spend our money at the park in other areas while our FP 'waited' in line.

I don't spend as much 'relaxed' time at other locations that don't receive many visitors and I don't spend as long at restaurants (ordering more food and drinks) because I have to 'rush' to get to an attraction in time.

Oh well, I've learned to live with it, but I think it hurts Disney's 'ride count' on less popular attractions and it every so slightly hurts their merch and food sales when people like myself are too busy trying to get to the next attraction. Their loss IMHO.

Comment

It has definitely negatively affected my trips. I find myself doing more backtracking, finding brief periods of time where we're not sure what to do with ourselves, and overall getting on fewer attractions. I "abused" the system excessively, collected passes all day and saved most of my passes until the lines got long. I just don't complain because I know that we were taking advantage and that a more fair system is better for park operations. But it was fun while it lasted.
                            The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                            -Walt Disney

Comment

I was occasionally guilty of returning late, but have had no problem adjusting to following the rules. If others have noticed smoother lines, that's a good thing. I don't mind planning my days around FP times, and if I see that the return times are too late, I visit the attraction some other time. The sky hasn't fallen.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X