This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Thunder Update

This is not good news... The daily announcements for the Westside attractions department now say that BTM opening date is TBA. Yesterday, it said opening date would be Feb 2014.

What I have been told by the cast members who in the Test and Adjust team, is that they are not ready for a Feb opening. They have not even started training for the opening crew, and there are plenty of people that need to be trained. They may have to move the date to March.... Sorry if I ruined any Dreams.

Re: Thunder Update

Good things, come to those who wait I guess

Comment

you;ve got to be kidding me, it was originally supposed to be last october. I figured that I wouldn't have to go without my FAVORITE ROLLER COASTER ON THE PLANET over a year after my last trip.
      Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
      July 13th-18th
      November 19th-25th

Comment

Wow.
        Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Originally posted by jasmineray View Post
          Wow.
          That is my reaction as well.

Comment

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
            That is my reaction as well.
            It's ridiculous. I know these things take time, but sheesh, it's been over a year. It wasn't initially supposed to take that long.

Comment

Originally posted by jasmineray View Post
              It's ridiculous. I know these things take time, but sheesh, it's been over a year. It wasn't initially supposed to take that long.
              I agree. It should have been plotted out better.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
                  I agree. It should have been plotted out better.
                  Definitely.

Comment

On the other hand, I was just in that store by the pirates exit that has all the haunted mansion merchandise, and the cms in there were talking about the cast member previews on the 29th.
                    Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by MSCguy View Post
                      On the other hand, I was just in that store by the pirates exit that has all the haunted mansion merchandise, and the cms in there were talking about the cast member previews on the 29th.
                      Please let this be true!!! I am dying for it to reopen!
                      Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

It's probably because they're going to close it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I just got home and saw them testing it tonight. We heard them talking back and forth over the PA on the ride, and saw a couple workers get in the cars. We saw multiple trains being ran through the attraction.

This was all viewed from the top deck of the Mark Twain at 8:35-9:10'ish while we waited for, and then watched the fireworks from the Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Estoplover View Post
                            This is not good news... The daily announcements for the Westside attractions department now say that BTM opening date is TBA. Yesterday, it said opening date would be Feb 2014.

What I have been told by the cast members who in the Test and Adjust team, is that they are not ready for a Feb opening. They have not even started training for the opening crew, and there are plenty of people that need to be trained. They may have to move the date to March.... Sorry if I ruined any Dreams.
                            I am completely uninformed on this, but why would the training be so extensive? Did every CM who ever worked Big Thunder quit? I'd imagine with changes to the platform and queue that there will be some training to be done there, and with new fall protection guidelines there's new training, but wouldn't that all be kind of small potatoes?

Comment

Originally posted by loungefly97 View Post
                              I am completely uninformed on this, but why would the training be so extensive? Did every CM who ever worked Big Thunder quit? I'd imagine with changes to the platform and queue that there will be some training to be done there, and with new fall protection guidelines there's new training, but wouldn't that all be kind of small potatoes?
                              it is possible that many of the CMs that used to be assigned to BTM were re-assigned or let go, keep in mind that it closed over a year ago.
                              Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                              July 13th-18th
                              November 19th-25th

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X