This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Indy closes March 3 for a refurb

It's listed on the Disneyland.com calendar. Does anyone know when it will return and what they are planning to upgrade?

Re: Indy closes March 3 for a refurb

Looks like space mtn goes down the same time

Comment

something tells me BTM is re-opening sooner then was reported in the other thread, I highly doubt they would let 2 mountains, the subs, Indy, and PotC all be down at once
      Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
      July 13th-18th
      November 19th-25th

Comment

Originally posted by AB Born View Post
        It's listed on the Disneyland.com calendar. Does anyone know when it will return and what they are planning to upgrade?
        If you look at the interactive Park map, the closure dates are listed in the attraction info there. It states Mar 3rd through April 25th for IJA. Space Mountain refurb goes until May 22nd.

Comment

Indy's going down for a month and a half?! Was it even down that long last year when they "upgraded" Mara, etc? Maybe they're finally fixing the broken ceiling effects in the queue. One day I *hope* the falling blocks in the room after the spikes will work again!

Comment

It bugs me that they can't have the interactive Park map match the calendar for closures.

Comment

Originally posted by AB Born View Post
              It bugs me that they can't have the interactive Park map match the calendar for closures.
              It bug me too. REALLY bugs me!

Comment

they didnt close to upgrade mara, either the first time or when the changed the voice again. That was done overnight in terms of when they flipped the switch. If i recall correctly, they did close the attraction for a short period of time earlier in the year, but nothing major appeared when it came back online

Comment

Originally posted by superlarz View Post
                  they didnt close to upgrade mara, either the first time or when the changed the voice again. That was done overnight in terms of when they flipped the switch. If i recall correctly, they did close the attraction for a short period of time earlier in the year, but nothing major appeared when it came back online

When it close the first time, there was a lot of talk about fixing the door in the Chamber of Destiny.
                  Be Cool Stay in School!
                  Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by superlarz View Post
                    Thanks for the clarifications, superlarz and Swampy. My mind ain't what it used to be! So, with Indy going down for quite a long time, I hope they're doing some worthwhile upgrades. However, even if it's not noticeable to riders when it re-opens in April, ANYTHING they do to upgrade parts to reduce the amount of breakdowns is a plus.

Comment

They really need to fix the boulder scene, it has been an issue for a few months. There are a ton of effects in the ride that just dont work consistently, including the chamber of destiny door. My only hope is that they really put the work in to make things work and reduce the amount of break downs the ride has

Comment

Wish we had a way to get some intel on what they're planning to do with that down time...

Comment

It went down for several months least time, didn't it? I was shocked my last ride the door actually worked ...not just straight into the open riches hallway! Bolder was also working, so it was a great ride! Unfortunately, it's very inconsistent...
                          Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

I lost all hope to live Indy the way it was in 1997 or so. The attraction had a bite to match its bark back then. It still is a one of a kind ride, but it's far tamer and less impressive than it used to be.

Imagine that!

Comment

Last week, we rode it twice. The doors worked (we went through two different "paths") and the boulder scene seemed fine. I was just thrown by the speed of the ride. Has it always been really fast and wild or did they upgrade the speed? Maybe I'm just getting older, plus it had been three years since my last Disneyland visit. :blush:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X