Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been the only group/couple/individual on a ride or at a show?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Have you ever been the only group/couple/individual on a ride or at a show?

I went to the park on New Year's Eve. Thanks to a mistake by a CM, I would up being the only person in my boat on POTC. (It was after midnight and it was very cool.) This had never happened to me before on this ride. Also, I was once the only person in a log on Splash. Not only that, the loading dock was empty when I came back and the CMs let me go around again. And once, I was the only person seeing Lincoln.

Has anything like this happened to you? Only the rides that can accomodate more than five people at a time are eligible. It's no big deal to ride Mr. Toad alone, for example.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Re: Have you ever been the only group/couple/individual on a ride or at a show?

In January, half hour before park closed, and splash was going for refurb the next day. I guess it was considered cold for the area, but I was the only one in splash mountain. I did three rounds, never leaving my solo log. I asked the cm and he said no one else was on it except another single person showed up during my last round.

edit: also I was the only person on grr on another night. I guess. 50 degrees (10c ) is too cold for water rides.
    Last edited by MSCguy; 01-27-2014, 06:59 PM.
    Just sayin'

Comment

Not too long ago on a cool rainy evening we rode Splash (I was wearing my long raincoat with a hood). Evidentally no one else wanted to ride it at that time, so the two of us walked right on and got our own log. First time we ever bought the ride photo!

Comment

I've had my own log in Splash Mountain, and my own boat on POTC. That was right before closing. When I got off, the ride was closed up. The best was when I was the only one in the stretching room in Haunted Mansion, as well as the corridor leading to the Doom Buddies. Again, this was right before closing. That really made for an eerie ride.
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

The only time I've ever been totally, totally alone on a ride was once at Snow White. I was the only one there, and the cars weren't even running; they were all stacked up at the loading area. Going through that ride knowing that I was the only (living) soul there was pretty creepy.

I've had my own log (or shared an otherwise empty log with a friend) a number of times on Splash, and I once had my own rocket on Space Mountain. However in both those cases there were others elsewhere in the ride and a few people lining up.
          Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

OK, this was long ago, but I was once the only guest on Mike Fink's Keelboat. Instead of the usual spiel from the CM, we had a nice chat.
            Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
            2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
            2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
            sigpic

Comment

My friend and I have had Splash Mountain Logs to ourselves along with Matterhorn trains as well. Once however my dad and I got a Tower of Terror elevator to ourselves one morning 3 times in a row. I have also had an Indy Jeep to myself before. It was the last Jeep of the night.
              Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

We were on POTC just the two of us. The other folks were about three boats behind us and they were pretty quiet. Sometimes it's a luxury just to quietly float through an attraction that you love so dearly. So awesome!
                DisneyTwins
                Since May 2003

Comment

i have been able to do this on POTC HM and Splash mountain every time around closing. It's hard to do but it;s worth it if you can make it happen! HM was by far the coolest!
                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  My company had a special night at the park
                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

In a ride vehicle or train, yes many times.

However for the whole ride itself, maybe but doubtful. I mean except for something like AO or Dumbo it's hard to tell who else is on there.

I have been last to board a few times, so at some point the passengers who were likely ahead of me got off and I was the only one on while finishing the ride.
                    Be Cool Stay in School!
                    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Back in the good ole days of late summer nights, especially after midnight when pretty much everyone else had left, and especially in the NOS/CC section of the park, I've been the only rider (in a vehicle for sure) on POTC, BTMM, Splash or have been the only one with family/friends/gf/wife.

Several times on all three of those rides, I've gone through twice in a row without unloading, just before closing.

Then you get the fun of trying to be the last person out of DL itself. Ah, the crazy days...

Comment

^^ I miss the park closing at 1 am in the summer. You could get ride throughs more often then. I haven't been able to stay on a attraction back to back in a very long time.
                        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                        My company had a special night at the park
                        WdW trip report with WWoHP
                        NYE 2011 trip report
                        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                        Leap year 24 hour report
                        New DCA trip report
                        NYE 2012
                        HKDL trip report

Comment

Back in 2006, I went to DL for a birthday trip. First time I had been there in 13 years. My friends were late making it to Anaheim so I hit the park a day early by myself. In the evening not long before closing, I decided to hit up POTC. There was not one person in line and I walked all the way to the boats. It was a bit eerie actually seeing it empty like that with just the cast members and no one else. Not only did I get a boat to myself, but the boats in front and behind me were empty as well. I had the entire attraction, my favorite one btw, completely to myself.

I came to find out, that was the very last night that POTC was open before being closed for the Capt. Jack Additions.

Not only did I get to experience my favorite ride completely by myself, I also got the chance to experience it's (mostly) original version one last time and had the honor of being one of the last individuals to experience that version of the ride. All because I decided to go to the park a day early.

Great Memory
                          Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
                          1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
                          1990, 1992, 1993
                          2006, 2007, 2009
                          2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
                          2000, 2001

Comment

I go to the park right at opening and almost always get my own boat on Pirates and my own log on Splash and they will let you re-ride on Splash if it's not busy. I've also had my own boat on Small World, a train car to myself on the DLRR and BTMRR, a Monorail Car to myself and a solo bus ride to and from the Toy Story lot. I also spent about 15min taking photos up in Tarzans Treehouse one time without any other guests going thru.

A made a trip report about my solo trip a few years ago. I hope the link still works:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...rt-4-15-a.html
                            Last edited by PirateLover; 01-28-2014, 03:13 AM.

Comment

I've gotten in on GRR back in December of 04 and the CM let me go 3 rounds in a row never leaving the raft because there was no line. It also happened to me in the middle of the day on memorial day weekend 2010 on both Snow White and Pinocchio, both were walk on and there was no signs of guests so my friend and I had zero wait. But, when we looked across the way the other 3 all had massive waits. and mind you this happened around 1:30 pm
                              Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                              July 13th-18th
                              November 19th-25th

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X