X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] How would you Feel about this?

How would you Feel about this

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2On...EZiS0lMRF9fUDQ

A trail connecting Frontierland, critter country, and Toontown! it would mostly be themed caves to go around the Indian tribes and under the railroad!

Let me know what you would think !
    I :love: Fresh baked!

Re: How would you Feel about this?

The document won't open for me, but if think it would be a great idea and would relieve some of the traffic during F!
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

Good idea, you should also include an exit gateway in Critter Country to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure

Comment

Add a couple small but quality rides - another kiddie ride (Bambi) by CC to complement Pooh, and another closer to Frontierland -and you'd get a nice bump in park capacity and help spread everyone out even more.
        "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
          Good idea, you should also include an exit gateway in Critter Country to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure
          that would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by G242 View Post
            that would be awesome
            A second exit in the NW corner of the park is not going to happen, TDA likes to funnel everyone back through Main Street and DTD for impulse souvenir purchases on the way out. Do you know anyone who doesn't stop on the way out to buy something? Maybe you do, but TDA needs that "retail funnel" to channel potential customers through the largest retail portion of the park.

How many times have you stopped at the Emporium on your way out of the park? Would a second exit be convenient? Yes, but TDA would lose out on retail sales with nothing to offset their loss.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjeff4sc View Post
              A second exit in the NW corner of the park is not going to happen, TDA likes to funnel everyone back through Main Street and DTD for impulse souvenir purchases on the way out. Do you know anyone who doesn't stop on the way out to buy something? Maybe you do, but TDA needs that "retail funnel" to channel potential customers through the largest retail portion of the park.

How many times have you stopped at the Emporium on your way out of the park? Would a second exit be convenient? Yes, but TDA would lose out on retail sales with nothing to offset their loss.
              If that were indeed the case, they would have never built a second exit to DCA. Its all about how the park was planned to work and flow. One entrance, one exit. The monorail doesn't really count.
              Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report
              World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report
              My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report
              My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party
              My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
              My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club
              My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report
              My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
              My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report
              My October, 2011 Trip Report
              My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

You will observe that the "2nd Exit" at DCA is into the GC... TDA is already making quite a bit of money off of those people - they probably stay for more than one night as well - bever leaving the property.

M&F's is for day-trippers and AP's - TDA has no need/motivation to make it easier for them to leave without one last stop at the cash registers...

Comment

Well, there are also stores in Critter Country, and they could potentially add more along the route to get to the parking structure. By doing this, I don't see retail sales being a big deal. Plus, typically it is APers who utilize the Mickey and Friends parking structure, while tourists typically come from the hotels. APers tend to not to shop as much as tourists would, so it shouldn't be a big problem.
                  Last edited by frollofan; 02-09-2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CassiefRN View Post
                    The document won't open for me, but if think it would be a great idea and would relieve some of the traffic during F!
                    It won't open for me either.

Comment

Yah but this is a fun thing to think about

Comment

Originally posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
                        It won't open for me either.
                        Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
                          Well, there are also stores in Critter Country, and they could potentially add more along the route to get to the parking structure. By doing this, I don't see retail sales being a big deal. Plus, typically it is APers who utilize the Mickey and Friends parking structure, while tourists typically come from the hotels. APers tend to not to shop as much as tourists would, so it shouldn't be a big problem.
                          Exactly my point! Why should TDA cater to AP's who don't spend as much and invest the money to give them an easier way to get out of the park when they don't get a return on the investment?

I'm willing to bet that even the frugal AP's spend some money in the Emporium on their way out of the park to catch the shuttle to M&F - Hence, there is no reason for TDA to make it easier for AP's to leave the park without spending money!

Comment

It's been mentioned before and I agree they should do something to connect the backside of frontierland to critter county with a path. The would need to squeeze in some attractions though too IMO. Either as a new mini land or extensions of FL/CC Space is a huge issue but they could re-arrange things go underground or whatever. If budgeted correctly they could do lots of things.
                            These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                            My company had a special night at the park
                            WdW trip report with WWoHP
                            NYE 2011 trip report
                            Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                            Leap year 24 hour report
                            New DCA trip report
                            NYE 2012
                            HKDL trip report

Comment

Exactly my point! Why should TDA cater to AP's who don't spend as much and invest the money to give them an easier way to get out of the park when they don't get a return on the investment?

I'm willing to bet that even the frugal AP's spend some money in the Emporium on their way out of the park to catch the shuttle to M&F - Hence, there is no reason for TDA to make it easier for AP's to leave the park without spending money!
                              It's not just about making it easier to exit the park, but alleviating the nightly madhouse situation on Main Street after the first Fantasmic showing and fireworks. From a PR standpoint, less bottleneck should be a good thing.
                              Last edited by frollofan; 02-09-2014, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X