This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Big Thunder Mt upgrade review

as I promised, here are spoilers to btm.

So I went on a preview of BTM today. (I went4 times) first major change is for our disabled friends.. the center unload platformwas expanded about 15 feet to make room for wheel chairs waiting and leaving.

The ride itself is very smooth, my new favorite ride. New lighting everywhere, bat cave updated.

Idk if the possum family were there before but the 2 babys hanging not spin around the branch.

The goat moves a little now

The final scene is amazing. New lighting, new special effects, lots of tnt lots of boom and awsome smoke canon / smoke effects.

Rainbow ridge is pretty, was the building on the hill behind the original always there? I was expecting some movement in the buildings

Re: Big Thunder Mt upgrade review

Sounds changed enough to be a worthy ride, and the same old classic for those of us hesitant about change. That's cool!

Comment

Glad to hear about the big booms! The on-ride video I watched didn't show that effect. It must not have been working & that lift seemed really underwhelming!

Yay for explosions! Wait, I mean "Yay for 'pretend explosions'"!
      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I recall reading about ABC having a new series based on BTM and that the queue was supposed to have some interactive elements...anything new there?
        It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

Comment

Originally posted by kristibaer View Post
          I recall reading about ABC having a new series based on BTM and that the queue was supposed to have some interactive elements...anything new there?
          I heard something about that too
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.ebba

Comment

Ahhh I can't wait! Thanks for the review!
            Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Comment

As someone in a wheelchair, I am glad to see that Disney is using chances like this to make the park more accessible. While I'm not one of those people who feel self-entitled and complain like crazy when something built in 1955 isn't 100% accessible, I love hearing things like this.

Comment

Can you tell us whether or not there are transfer access vehicles for wheelchair? Meaning the kind of seat where the side pulls away and you can direct transfer from chair to ride? I'm super curious about this.

Facebook me!
                Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

I wonder if they added any random Tony Baxter references to the queue?
                  "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                  "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
                    Can you tell us whether or not there are transfer access vehicles for wheelchair? Meaning the kind of seat where the side pulls away and you can direct transfer from chair to ride? I'm super curious about this.
                    Each train now has a Transfer Access Vehicle! Before BTM only had two trains with one TAV each now all trains in operation have one! Isn't that amazing? I think it is!

Comment

My party had a girl in a chair, so we didn't go through the queue, but everyone just walk through the queue without stopping. I didn't notice much difference

Comment

It looks like the on ride video was missing the smoke effects, without it, it really does suck. Imagine where ever there was a blast of light in the video was a blast of smoke like something exploded and then a final one at top of hill aimed at you

Comment

Originally posted by PozEmerald View Post
                          It looks like the on ride video was missing the smoke effects, without it, it really does suck. Imagine where ever there was a blast of light in the video was a blast of smoke like something exploded and then a final one at top of hill aimed at you
                          Yes, a video of that was posted in the other thread.
                          "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                          "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

I can't wait.
                            Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Originally posted by AdvFroGuy View Post
                              Each train now has a Transfer Access Vehicle! Before BTM only had two trains with one TAV each now all trains in operation have one! Isn't that amazing? I think it is!
                              That is AWESOME news!! Now if only they could implement this + extended leg room for those particular vehicles on every ride, we'd be in business.

Facebook me!
                              Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X