Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pirates of the Carribean to reopen on June 24th (Discussion of Press Release)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates of the Carribean to reopen on June 24th (Discussion of Press Release)

Disneyland Resort/Walt Disney World Resort Press Release

Classic Attraction in California and Florida Adding New Characters Inspired by Hit Caribbean

ANAHEIM, Calif. / ORLANDO, Fla. (Feb. 2, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean, the classic Disney theme park adventure brought to the big screen in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, is adding new characters and features from the blockbuster entertainment franchise and debuting when the next adventure begins in Pirates of the Caribbean

Both the Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida will close the attraction in March to complete the updates in time for the opening of on July 7. The attraction will re-open at Disneyland on June 24 and in FloridaMagic Kingdom on July 7.

The attraction will feature the addition of two of HollywoodSpanish Main

CaribbeanWalt Disney Parks

Audio-Animatronics buccaneers found inside the ride-thru adventure. Also making a guest appearance is the ghostly Davy Jones from the second movie in the series, CaribbeanCreated under the direct creative supervision of Walt Disney himself, Pirates of the Caribbean is the quintessential Disney theme park adventure, a swashbuckling voyage that transports guests back to the days when pirates and privateers roamed the Spanish Main. Featuring more than 120 Audio-AnimatronicsCaribbean PlazaMagic Kingdom on December 15, 1973. More than 500 million people have experienced the rollicking fun of Pirates of the Caribbean in California and Florida over the past 39 years.

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Pirates of the Carribean to reopen on June 24th (Discussion of Press Release)

Well so much for the people who said Al didn't know what he was talking about

Comment

Re: Pirates of the Carribean to reopen on June 24th (Discussion of Press Release)

I'm excited to see the new special effects but I do not believe that Johnny Depp belongs in a Disneyland attraction.

And it's Caribbean

Comment

I'll be excited to see the new PotC, the part I like the most about the release is

"...the rival swashbucklers will be seen interacting with some of the more familiar Audio-Animatronics buccaneers found inside the ride-thru adventure."

since I know people were concerned that Capt. Jack would be interacting with the guests as they sail by.

Can't wait!

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Well, let's hope this sequel film doesn't tank.
          disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

With all these upgrades I mean updates you think they'll fix the leaks and gapping holes in the cavern and burning city scenes. I always notice them when I ride on them. I don't mind the updates kinda excited to see what the updates look like. Let me knwo when the meet is for this one..lol
            We rock the party that rocks the party!
            We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

:yea:

Orlando doing good
              http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
              Princess of Randomness

Comment

I can't imagine why Dead Man's Chest will tank... Besides the Curse on films about Pirates... I think people love seing Dep in this role so much, it would take an act of shear stupidity on the part of Cook to blow the marketing of this film...
                Check out my other blog:

Comment

I'm REALLY excited about this addition. POTC is my favorite attraction, and the movie is my favorite Live Action Disney film of the past 20 years. I have full faith that WDI will create an experience to wow me entirely. Heck I got a kick out of them upping the cannon ball blasts in the ship/village scene! And now they're going to do a full upgrade?

: Passes out at thought of sheer magnitude of attraction enhancemen greatness:
                  Last edited by Soulquarian; 02-02-2006, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I'm still cool with these changes. I like how they stuck the 50th celebration boilerplate at the end, haha. It will almost be 51 years at that point, but I guess the "celebration" is technically till the end of the year.

Julie Andrews: "Fifty..."

Man's voice: "ONE"

Julie Andrews: "... years later and AMAAAAZING man named Johnny Depp was added to Walt's beloved Pirates of the Caribbean. His animatronic has touched audiences, as Johnny has touched me.... last Friday in his dressing room."

But thank GOD Haunted Mansion tanked. (An animatronic Eddie Murphy would push the ride past a 50/50 scary/funny ratio and into the realm of nausea-inducing terror)
                    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                    sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Actually, I have heard that the last day of the 50th Celebration will be Sunday, October 1st, 2006.
                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

NNOOOO.. Im there in June but leaving to come home on the 20th.
                        I cant go to DL and not be able to ride Pirates!

I feel a break down coming on...
                        Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

Comment

Yeah taking Tom Fitzgerald's word is REALLY making me comfortable..........

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer
                            Actually, I have heard that the last day of the 50th Celebration will be Sunday, October 1st, 2006.
                            I thought it was 18 months, not 17 months... but you have the superior information DB
                            I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                            sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Originally posted by Chernabog
                              I'm still cool with these changes. I like how they stuck the 50th celebration boilerplate at the end, haha. It will almost be 51 years at that point, but I guess the "celebration" is technically till the end of the year.

Julie Andrews: "Fifty..."

Man's voice: "ONE"

Julie Andrews: "... years later and AMAAAAZING man named Johnny Depp was added to Walt's beloved Pirates of the Caribbean. His animatronic has touched audiences, as Johnny has touched me.... last Friday in his dressing room."

But thank GOD Haunted Mansion tanked. (An animatronic Eddie Murphy would push the ride past a 50/50 scary/funny ratio and into the realm of nausea-inducing terror)
                              HAHAHAHA!

But is it true that the 3rd Pirate movie is being called"

"POTC: In search of the Haunted Mansion" in the hopes
                              of eliminating all memory of the horribly Murphy movie?
                              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X