This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Fastpass Only for Princess Meet & Greet

After reading about just how long people wait to meet the princesses, especially Elsa and Anna, I came up with this idea.

Why not make the Princess Meet and Greet. Fastpass Only. No Standby Line at all. You must get a fastpass if you want to meet the princesses. When they run out then, that's it.

This way, less wasted time just standing there. I understand some people have stood for hours in line to meet Anna and Elsa. You would show up at your printed fastpass time, and your wait is then shorter. You can be off riding other rides. Doing other things. Having a meal. Or doing some shopping. Children especially would benefit from knowing that the fastpass says that if we come back at 2 p.m., we will get to meet the princess.

Good idea?

Bad idea?
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Fastpass Only for Princess Meet & Greet

i think it's a wonderful idea, but then again, i really enjoy using fastpass in general.

Comment

The downside is when fastpasses run out - although I suppose that's no different than when they have to close the line. Also, for those who enjoy the sponteneity, that would be gone. However, I think it's an idea that has merit, although it may need to be tweaked a bit.
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I like it a lot! I do worry about what would happen when the Fastpasses ran out, as mentioned above - Disney might be getting angry letters from parents who were upset that their kids didn't meet Elsa or Ariel or whatever. However, I definitely think it's better solution than having people wait four hours for a meet and greet.
        Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Keeping thousands of people in queues can be a good thing. If you spread out everyone in a queue for Anna and Elsa and the Princess meet and greet the rest of the park would get a bit busier.

Comment

Great idea.

Comment

I think this is a great idea.
              Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

This would be perfect for Anna and Elsa, but I don't think the Royal Hall needs it. Every time I walk past it, the wait time is never over 30 minutes, and the line tends to move fast.
                The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!
                sigpic

Comment

I think this would only work with certain Meet and Greets like Innoventions, Ana and Elsa, Mickey and Minnies House, Villains Tent, and the Fantasy Faire. Adding Fastpass to the "spontaneous" Meet and Greets like Peter Pan, Cruella, Dug, Flik, Frozone, Sophia, Tiana, Eeyore, etc. would drastically increase the overhead costs and counts for those characters. I've seen Jake and Frozone with no lines, depending on the time of day.

I'd actually like more of the "spontaneous" Meet and Greets since they're way cheaper than a new attraction and can utilize small patches of dead on-stage space.(There are tons of spots in the resort where there are large tracts of dead space but not enough for a new attraction.) I'd love a Jack Sparrow Meet and Greet near the Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyers Island. Some cool Dory, Nemo, Marlin, and Crush puppets near the Pacific Work would also make a good Meet and Greet. A Prince Eric and Ariel Meet and Greet in Paradise Park during the day would also be great. You could finally get a Disney character in your Paradise Bay panoramic family photo.

Comment

I have read that people have waited Hours for Anna and Elsa. Of course, a 30 minute wait is not bad at all. However, when the normal wait for something is hours, and the Meet and Greet Hours are say 9 to early afternoon, than that's where I figure fastpass would help.

I certainly don't mean this for normal character encounters. Only for the Newest, Gotta Meet Characters, who draw the longest lines that are backed up for hours on end.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Re: Fastpass, Only for Princess Meet & Greet.

Put a comma right after Fastpass and I am on board :vogue:
                      Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Re: Fastpass, Only for Princess Meet & Greet.

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                        Put a comma right after Fastpass and I am on board :vogue:
                        I needed a good laugh.

Thanks for that.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Its a terrible idea.

If people want to wait 3 hours for a picture with Anna and Elsa, let them. Why not just make everything Fastpass only? For a website that argues MyMagic+ was sent from satan himself to destroy heaven and earth, this process is exactly what everyone's worst fears for MyMagic+ are.

Comment

It took exactly 13 posts to say that my idea is a bad one.

Normally, I don't like fastpass, however, in this case I figured it would be good for the kids, not to have to stand in lines for too long to get an autograph and a picture.

I agree that if an adult wants to spend hours waiting, that's their choice. I was thinking more about the children in this scenario.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                              It took exactly 13 posts to say that my idea is a bad one.
                              I apologize. I suppose when you asked "Bad Idea?" in the original post, it was only rhetorical.

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                              I agree that if an adult wants to spend hours waiting, that's their choice. I was thinking more about the children in this scenario.
                              I don't understand the separation. Parents and children wait together and experience together. If a kid doesn't want to spend hours waiting in line, they can say "Mommy, lets go ride Big Thunder Mountain instead of waiting." If they want to see Anna and Elsa but wait minimal time, they could get a Fastpass. And if they absolutely want to see Anna and Elsa, they could wait 4-5 hours. If kids want to see Anna and Elsa, but don't want to wait and don't have a Fastpass, they have to make a choice. That's life, thats fair.

Its a priorities situation. Let the general public prioritize what they do and don't want to do. Fastpass doesn't provide that option.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X