This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] More details about Star Wars Land

According to M.B Stoker on Yahoo Voices, has revealed more tidbits about what they are planning for Star Wars Land in Disneyland.
    1. detailed recreation of Tatooine such as the Mos Eisley Cantina
    2. Jabba's Palace with an animatronic Jabba as a finale for a pod racer's ride which may include fleeting views of a herd of bantha's (a wolly mammoth like creature), Sand people, the Skywalker homestead, Ben Kenobi's house
    3. modern simulator technology, combining larger high-resolution screens, and 3-D props of a spaceport, spaceships and an asteroid field, similar to the use of 3-D props and movie screens in Universal's new Transformers ride, are rumored to be in development for a future attraction in a Star Wars themed area
    ​What are your thoughts on this?
    http://voices.yahoo.com/is-star-wars-theme-park-addition-coming-disneyland-12638101.html

Re: More details about Star Wars Land

podracers meh. I'd rather have endor speeders.

Comment

All Sounds good to me Any Star Wars Themed Items are great,
      Hoping they don't loose all of Tomorrow Land, Nuances.
      We where just sitting in Tomorrow Land this evening talking about this.
      I would really like to Cruse My R2 In Tomorrow Land some day!!! Be a dream come true!!!!!!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	gylw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	7355758
      Last edited by MouseDroid; 05-03-2014, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Wow stellar repros

Comment

Although the article is full of rumors, I think it's a dumb idea to lactate this in CA Adventure.
          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

This concept sounds really similar to Cars Land. In fact, every time I walk by or through Cars Land, I think, "what if that had been Tatooine?" The main strip would be Mos Eisley, Jabba's Palace could go up on the bluff and the Cars would be replaced with landspeeders (or, more likely podracers).

Comment

Mixed feelings. I LOVE Star Wars, but I don't want to lose a genuine Tomorrowland that represents Earth's future. I know that Tomorrowland needs a lot of work, but I do believe there are ways to do this without conversion to Star Wars Land. Just converting some of see ideas into non-Star Wars attractions would do wonders.
              Still, these ideas are exciting and dynamic, so I have the mixed feelings.

and cool astromechs, Mousedroid!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Dhs.
                ~ Erik

Comment

I love Star Wars but I don't think this is the direction Disney should be going with Tomorrowland.... Just update/replace current rides and find something better to do with Innoventions, but putting a Star Wars Land in just doesn't seem to fit very well with everything else in the park. Even if they did go through with this, I'd still call it Tomorrowland.

Star Wars Land is such a mouthful.

*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧ Time until next Disney trip: *✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧
                  ???

Comment

If Disney lets Star Wars Land take over all of Tomorrowland, it's a gigantic mistake IMHO. For me, the funniest part is that it references Tatooine which is just about the least futuristic looking location in all of popular science fiction - it's just a desert. And I've never met anybody who likes the Pod Racers. If you want to build a Mos Eisely Cantina? Terrific. If you want to have Stormtroopers and Darth Vader and Rebel Pilots wandering around the area? Great. If you want to put the Millennium Falcon on top of the old AstroOrbitor location? Super. But a "stands the test of time" Tomorrowland needs multiple properties to survive - not just Star Wars.

You should be able to stand in the middle of Tomorrowland - turn around 360 degrees and see:

1. Space Mountain
                    2. The Millennium Falcon
                    3. SHIELD Headquarters and a Helicarrier (Innoventions)
                    4. The AstroOrbitor (back in the air)
                    5. TRON Lightcycles (lit up in neon) riding around the Peoplemover track
                    6. Flynn's Arcade
                    7. Buzz Lightyear

Comment

The rumor that wouldn't die!!!

A link to an article of rumor and conjecture about a NEW land in DCA and 4 people respond about Star Wars taking over Tommorowland.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron W View Post
                        The rumor that wouldn't die!!!

A link to an article of rumor and conjecture about a NEW land in DCA and 4 people respond about Star Wars taking over Tommorowland.
                        That's because a "Star Wars Land" in DCA makes no sense themeatically; while it's a semi-natural fit in Tomorrowland (and we know it's been discussed internally).

Comment

Cool rumors to think about. I would imagine though that any Star Wars things for the parks would incorporate new items from the upcoming films rather than stuff like Jabba's palace. The cantina seems like a no brainer somewhere in a park but obviously it needs to be in a desert like area. I still think though ultimately they will wait until episode 7 hits before making a Star Wars move in any of their parks.
                          These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                          My company had a special night at the park
                          WdW trip report with WWoHP
                          NYE 2011 trip report
                          Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                          Leap year 24 hour report
                          New DCA trip report
                          NYE 2012
                          HKDL trip report

Comment

I'm all for immersive environments, and I'm dying to visit the new Harry Potter 2.0 at UNI this year, but even though I like Star Wars, I just have no desire to visit Tatooine. It was supposed to be a miserable place which is why Luke wanted to leave so badly. If they're going to recreate something from Star Wars, it needs to be the space ships and the Death Star. I can't think of any planet that was especially compelling that I want to see Disney recreate.
                            Disneyland Cast Member
                            Outdoor Vending
                            1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
                            http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

Good thing it's only a rumor. I won't believe any such thing until either Disney and/or Lucasfilm officially announces it. I don't think any Star Wars expansion projects for the parks have even been green lit yet. I'm sure the Imagineers are "blue skying" stuff all the time though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X