This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Rock Your Disney Side

So I ended up going down around noon and met my niece. My plan was to stay from then until at least sunrise, but I got a migraine and ended up leaving just an hour after my sister picked up my niece. I took some meds and might head back for the 0130 meet up, but I figured I'd post a quick TR.

I got there about 1130ish and had no trouble parking in M&F (accessed from the bridge, they were diverting street traffic, possibly to the convention center) but ended up in the super far corner of Donald...1J. After hiking to the tram it was about time to meet my sister so I cut across the esplanade and picked her up from the drop off zone. We headed into Disneyland and tried to find her friend the Queen but she ended up with a potty accident (great start to the day!) so I changed her and we grabbed lunch. The chicken and waffles from Plaza Inn were meh. The counter service was terrible and it wasn't even crowded. The chicken was their normal chicken and was good, the waffles were soggy, bland, and very dense. We actually saw the queen exiting while eating so we decided to hang out in the area, meeting Peter Pan and watching duckies.

She finally got to see her Queen and boy does she have her evil down!

Popcorn is her disneyside!

My Queenly silhouette

Overall,
    It was pretty crowded but not terrible, ride times were about the same as a busy summer evening. We didn't so many rides, just the carousel, Snow White (super fun with me as the queen and her as Snow!), the train, and then the horse carriage a few times. We met Minnie, Mickey, Peter, Pluto, The Queen (a few times), and then my niece loved seeing everyone in their costumes, especially all the Elsas. It was a fun energy, but is was getting crowded and not the best place to be with a migraine!
    Last edited by CassiefRN; 05-24-2014, 06:09 PM.
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Re: Rock Your Disney Side

That last shot is awesome!! I love it! Can't wait to see more!

Comment

Pictures!! How were the other guest costumes that you saw? It's hard to see them all from the angle of the live camera feeds. *squints at the video*
      Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
      Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
      Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
      Neverland since 1996.
      ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Comment

How cute is that pic with the queens. Lol!!

Comment

Love the pictures!

Comment

So awesome meeting you!!! It was such a fun night!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
            KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

love the shot of the miniature Evil Queen with the real Evil Queen

Comment

There were many adults in costume.
                Aurora, Snow White, Elsa, Anna, The Incredables, Capt America (who was swetting like a pig), etc. There were several Blue and Pink Auroras. One of the best Auroras was a crossdressing Dude!

Anna with the Queen.

Alfedro with Geppeto outside the Pinocchio Ride.

Comment

I am pretty sure we were on the carousel when you took the picture of Gepetto...we saw them posing. Those costumes were so awesome!!!!

Comment

Just got back home a minute ago. That was a BLAST! I asked my daughter what she liked best, and she said meeting the Micechat people. My favorite, too. Fantastic meeting you.
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

So I ended up heading back to the parks around midnight, got parked on the bottom level of M&F, like the CM area, with no direct tram access. They sent us up stairs and across Daisy. When I asked about having difficulty with stairs I was told the only option was to exit and come back in (and hope they didn't send me to the area again). I didn't want to do it and since I can do stairs, just with extreme pain going down, I decided I didn't want to deal with getting out and back in.

I hopped on Indy then headed over to the MC meet up. It was so fun to meet everyone!

We ended up sticking together and headed over to tomorrowland, went on ST (a quick 15-20 minute wait, not the 45 minutes posted). Upon exiting we saw SW Mickey and Minnie and hopped in line. I have my pic and one of Kelly, someone else will have to post the group shot!

We then went to Space with 80 minutes posted, and it actually took that long! Joe will have to post that ride picture...it's pretty epic (well, except for me, I don't like bright lights!). We then crossed back over to Adventureland for Pirates but it was closed so we continued on to HM.

Here's the Mark Twain in the slowly growing light

The plan to hit Indy on the way back to the hub was ruined by it being down, so we split in the hub. With the clouds, there would be no actual sunrise, so here's the almost light castle.

I headed down Main Street and came upon CMs doing some trivia for signed post cards and quickly answered that Neverland is the second star to the right... And scored one signed by Peter and Hook. It was a nice fun little thing as the night was coming to a close.

And then there's the final goodbye from the gang in their PJs.

Last edited by CassiefRN; 05-24-2014, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I didn't know you got that photo of me! I like it and I'm stealing it hehe

We need to do this again!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                        KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
                          I didn't know you got that photo of me! I like it and I'm stealing it hehe

We need to do this again!!
                          You were the only one I was able to get since my phone was being dumb.

And nd yes, we totally need to do this again! Let me know when you guys come out and if I'm not working I can usually go!

Comment

Man, I was already jealous of everyone who went, but seeing that I missed Star Wars Mickey and Minnie just makes it worse.
                            "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X