Disneyland Rides for the New Millennium

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Rides for the New Millennium

InteractivityChoose your pathDifficulty level
    Rides could offer two choices of difficulty, one easier for more timid guests or children. This is not a new idea. The Matterhorn is reputed to having an easier side for younger children. Now with computers, the same ride could respond very differently for each group of guests. Some complain that Mission: Space is too thrilling. Fine, then have two styles of the same ride, one for less adventurous souls. We all know that Indiana Jones had a less turbulent version. Imagine that individual vehicles could be programed for particular types of rides. The choice could go the other way. More adventurous souls could get a tougher version of the same ride. This could allow families to partake of rides that now have height restrictions.

4) Random SequencePuzzle solution
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Re: Disneyland Rides for the New Millennium

Think you're onto something here, Jiminy. Ever-evolving computer chips will allow for more personalized interactivity in future rides and attractions. Technological advances will allso allow guests to choose the paths that their ride vehicles travel on. Along with this would be a choice of difficulty level as well - especially if a game was incorporated into the ride. They've been working on interactive movies for some time, where the audience would be able to select scene outcomes.

A higher number of random sequences in rides would serve to keep each experience fresh and exciting. I could also dig enigmatic rides that allow for the guest to interactively solve puzzles. I also think that 3-D sound surround techniques will also be used more as rides advance. All in all, the coming technology sounds utterly mind-blowing.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

^Couldn't agree with this more! Interactivity and randomness certainly allow for repeat visitation. They also dramatically increase customer satisfaction and represent a wise investment on part of WDI for there is far less chance of them becoming stale, sooner.

As far as I'm aware there is little interactivity or randomness planned for the upcoming Nemo ride but I'm sure it could be easily done with maybe a small panel or even microphone that guests could use to convert their voices to Whale Talk?!?

The new Star Tours overhaul is reputed to feature multiple flights - With digital technology nowadays, you could have say multiple flight scenes that each run for about 1 quarter of the full ride's duration (count em next time your on board!) The real fun would come with a computer randomly splicing the film together at the start of each flight, selecting only 4 from an available 20 or so - The ride system automatically tracks a path for the motion base to operate from via each scene's own programmed instruction. The potential number of combinations would be endless but it would be a logistical nightmare stringing each scene together so all possible combinations interlock, but I'm sure it could be done!

Trackless Dark Ride Technology could allow you to explore different areas of ride scenes randomly so you never get the same Dark Ride show twice

Robocoaster Tecnology in collaboration with other ride systems provide a completely versatile system that has no limit of randomness in terms of speed, character interactivity and varied show presentation.

You could go on and on but GREAT TOPIC! I think Tomorrowland really deserves a few attractions featuring the future of Disney Ride's, don't you?
      I'm just a bit more than Just Really Nice!

I agree with everyone. They could eventually use the random ride video idea to update Soarin' too(especially if they can the California Theme). You could get one of several random rides, and they could also change depending on the time of day. You ride at night time, the ride film is at night time as well. Of course, DCA would have to be open past dusk first.......)

Great thoughts and ideas!

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
          -Jurassic Park

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 08:15 AM on 07-20-2012.