Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] NoS/33 changes? (Merged Discussion)

Re: Why no outrage over NoS/33 changes?

Haven't been following that closely since we are not members but I went searching after I saw you posted this.

It is pretty unattractive yes, but to me, it not the size nor the possible face (took me a minute to figure that one out but I do see it now), it is the offset window.

It is quite obvious and really sad. I mean, wow. Did they not hire a decent contractor to do it? The lack of symmetry is just sort of unbelievable. How could they mess something so simple up? That is embarrassing. Also, it most definitely needs a paint job. I mean first the contractor should be fired and have the window redone but... Then it needs a paint job.

I don't understand the "random candles in alcoves" comment though. Link?
    You know, I have the strangest feeling I've seen that ship before... a long time ago, when I was very young. ―George Darling

It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Comment

I think most of us are waiting for its completion before passing judgement.
      But some pics would help us get started.

Comment

Because MiceChat has become more about liking whatever Disney does than offering any critique.

Comment

I'm assuming that ugly bare window over Cafe New Orleans has to do with C33 members getting a good view of F!. From what I remember of the area, there won't be trees blocking the view, & also why there is no grille-work/balcony over that window. I agree, it looks stark and bare and wrong. The other 'new windows' also look bare and it seems as if the paint on all the new windows doesn't match the rest of NOS. I keep hoping they aren't 'quite done' and finish paintwork/balconies/grille-work is still forthcoming. I, too, don't remember random candles, unless it's the pictures of lighting fixtures inside that you've misinterpreted? Pics would be nice.

I think that, at this point, it's a combination of 'wait and see, maybe they aren't done yet' and 'what cannot be cured must be endured'. There were plenty of ranty threads when all the re-do started beginning way back when the closure of the CoA was just a rumor. For me, I think that it's just that Disney is gonna do what they're gonna do. Or rather 'has done what they said they would'. I'll be disappointed if they don't 'finish the job' as they should, and will complain to all and sundry that it looks really bad, but with the realization that I may as well keep my breath to cool my porridge.

Now, maybe if C33 members complain about how unfinished the outside looks……...
          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
            Because MiceChat has become more about liking whatever Disney does than offering any critique.
            Exactly. How can anybody like this? Courtesy Andy Castro's Twitter feed:

Click image for larger version

Name:	nos7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	7356341
            Last edited by Disneymike; 07-13-2014, 08:47 AM.
            No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
              Today's tragedy is tomorrow's triumph. In a year or so when they fix it, Mary Niven will be hailed as the hero of Disneyland who "really get's it" and was able to move mountains to preserve Walt's vision etc etc.

Unless of course they don't fix it, in which case it will just be yesterday's news... just like Starbucks, and Small World, and the Disney Gallery and the Fantasyland Theater and the temporary bag checking tents and so on and so forth. None of these have any real impact on the guests going to the park, and as time progresses and the outrage doesn't manifest in anything, usually MiceChat will just pretend it never happened.

Comment

C33 is supposed to be hidden and secretive. Those giant windows contradict that immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                  I think that, at this point, it's a combination of 'wait and see, maybe they aren't done yet' and 'what cannot be cured must be endured'. There were plenty of ranty threads when all the re-do started beginning way back when the closure of the CoA was just a rumor. For me, I think that it's just that Disney is gonna do what they're gonna do. Or rather 'has done what they said they would'. I'll be disappointed if they don't 'finish the job' as they should, and will complain to all and sundry that it looks really bad, but with the realization that I may as well keep my breath to cool my porridge.
                  This is what I would have said if I could use words better.

There is a point where outrage is just wasted. There's a difference between looking at the windows and saying they're ugly and being outraged about them to the point of anger. If you are outraged at something occurring at Disneyland, I'm pretty sure you are missing the point of Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by whoever View Post
                    Pics... post some pics...
                    From Andy Castro's Twitter feed:

Name:	nos5.jpg
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	7356342

Name:	nos3.jpg
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	7356344

Name:	nos4.jpg
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	7356343

Comment

from disneylandclub33.com:

Le Grand Salon Constructions Screens Down

You know, I have the strangest feeling I've seen that ship before... a long time ago, when I was very young. ―George Darling

It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Comment

The walled over window in the hallway where the items for sale used to be does indeed look out of place, and those enormous windows do too. I have to agree with the OP.

I also agree with the person who said it isn't hidden or secret as a result. You never noticed anybody on the second story before, but now, it will be on display for the world to see.
                        Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report
                        World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report
                        My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report
                        My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party
                        My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
                        My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club
                        My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report
                        My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
                        My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report
                        My October, 2011 Trip Report
                        My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

Originally posted by MrLiver View Post
                          This is what I would have said if I could use words better.

There is a point where outrage is just wasted. There's a difference between looking at the windows and saying they're ugly and being outraged about them to the point of anger. If you are outraged at something occurring at Disneyland, I'm pretty sure you are missing the point of Disneyland.
                          Why can't one be outraged at what they are doing to the charm of NOS? If your attitude is "Oh well" then Disney has got you.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X