Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Attractions Should Be Removed From Disneyland?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What Attractions Should Be Removed From Disneyland?

Everything runs its course. What has had its day at Disneyland? Given that DL doesn’t have a huge amount of readily usable space for expansion, what should be removed to make room for something new? Granted, there are valid reasons to keep just about everything, but what are folks’ opinions? At the risk of inviting interweb abuse, for me:

Adventureland: Jungle Cruise, Indy & Tiki Room are terrific, but would anyone miss the tree house if it went? It was a ghost town on my last visit and my niece and nephew (age 9 & 12) couldn’t have been less interested. Honestly, I think the tree house is mainly used for its view of the rest of the park. Not a big foot print, but I’d get rid and add something that ties in with the 1930’s vibe of Jungle Cruise & Indy.

New Orleans Square: I know; “Club 33” right? But since that isn’t going, NOS can stay as is with POTC & HM.

Frontierland: I’d lose Big Thunder Ranch petting zoo. Disneyland should be a place where the attractions are like nothing else. Petting a goat is something a kid can experience in any mid-sized zoo. Again, not a huge area, but every little bit counts, and all that.

Critter Country: No removals. Splash & Pooh are popular and work well, and the canoes are fun and don’t take much room.

Fantasyland & ToonTown: keep it all. Not my cup of tea but little kids like it. Update/refurbish the dark rides.

Tomorrowland: Take a chainsaw to Autopia, Nemo and Innoventions. They don’t fit thematically and that area has to be 20% of the entirety of Disneyland. Share out the reclaimed land between Fantasyland and whatever Disney decides to turn Tomorrowland into.

What would you ax?
    Last edited by SSG; 07-31-2014, 12:06 PM.

Re: What Attractions Should Be Removed From Disneyland?

Instead of "should", Im going to say "could" be removed and I would not miss. Autopia, Innoventions, Tree House, and Big Thunder Ranch.

Comment

What time of the day did you visit the treehouse

Comment

I'd be very sad to see Autopia go, so no, I say keep Autopia. All they need to do is update it. If not that, downsize it and move it to Fantasyland.

Innoventions needs to go, at least the attractions inside. The building is historical, but everything else should go.

I wouldn't be too sad to see the Subs go. Now that I'm thinking about it, I wouldn't be too sad to see Buzz go either, even though I like that ride.

I'm fine with everything else in the park.
        Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Originally posted by laferney Road kid View Post
          What time of the day did you visit the treehouse
          Last May we were there four days and went past it several different times and I never noticed much action. And people in the tree house seemed to be going through it in a perfunctory way, just going quickly to the top and back down. I just had the feeling that the tree house bores most people.

Do you like it? Are you a fan?

Comment

I would like to see Innoventions removed. If they can put an excellent ride inside the existing building that'd be cool too, but I'm fine with them tearing it down as well.

Comment

Innoventions, Astro Orbiter (in its current state), Magic Eye Theater, Starcade, HMH, and Pooh

Comment

That silly looking castle really needs to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mortgageman View Post
                  That silly looking castle really needs to go.
                  :thumbup:

Comment

I think attractions should only be removed when they are going to be replaced with something superior. Even if it's something like Winnie the Pooh, it's better than an empty show building used for merchandise storage.

That being said, I would like something better to replace these:

Winnie the Pooh
                    BLAB
                    Innoventions
                    Autopia
                    Captain EO
                    Tarzan's Tree House (at least a retheme is needed)
                    Big Thunder Ranch
                    Aladdin's Oasis

ToonTown I wouldn't mind seeing rethemed completely, as long as it's an improvement.

Comment

ORWEN: I would get rid of anything that isn't really from a Disney movie--like Indiana Jones. After all, it's supposed to be Disneyland--not Paramount Studio's Land or Warner Brothers Land or Universal Land.

ORDDU: For those who want to get rid of Tarzan's Tree House, bite your tongues!! That happens to be a love nest for me and my favorite man in a loin cloth whenever I'm in town!!

ORGOCH: I say git rid a Dizzyland altogether. It's the sappiest place on Earth!!!

Comment

Pooh, Aladdin's Oasis, Big Thunder Ranch, Fantasyland Theater, Toontown (all of it), Finding Nemo, Autopia, Innovations, Starcade, Magic Eye, Buzz Lightyear, Astro Orbitor, PeopleMover.

Comment

Originally posted by SSG View Post
                          Last May we were there four days and went past it several different times and I never noticed much action. And people in the tree house seemed to be going through it in a perfunctory way, just going quickly to the top and back down. I just had the feeling that the tree house bores most people.

Do you like it? Are you a fan?
                          I personally like the idea of the tree house (it's the only walk-through style attraction in Adventureland, lets you set your own pace and decide what you want to explore, gives you some neat views of the surrounding area, it has some neat details and touches), but the currently Tarzan theme isn't terribly interesting. It's mainly stoic figures retelling a story we already know without much attempt to actually integrate us into that story. Would love to see it rethemed, I like the idea of bringing in the '30s vibe from IJA and the JC to the tree house itself. Back in elementary school I attended an "adventure" themed summer camp which had a very '30s explorer vibe and its own pretty neat tree house. Could give Disney a chance to incorporate more of their own mythology and stories into the land.

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                            ORWEN: I would get rid of anything that isn't really from a Disney movie--like Indiana Jones. After all, it's supposed to be Disneyland--not Paramount Studio's Land or Warner Brothers Land or Universal Land.

ORDDU: For those who want to get rid of Tarzan's Tree House, bite your tongues!! That happens to be a love nest for me and my favorite man in a loin cloth whenever I'm in town!!

ORGOCH: I say git rid a Dizzyland altogether. It's the sappiest place on Earth!!!
                            Another thing that makes Tarzan's Treehouse cool is that it's the only thing in the park that isn't
                            sappy....and that's pretty good considering that trees are supposed to have sap, and it simply does knot.
                            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

For me I think Autopia has seen it's day, and it needs to go. Of course Tomorrowland (other than Space and Star Tours) could be torn down and redone and I'd be happy... unfortunately that land will never be as amazing as it was back in the day (I'm just going off pictures and stories as I'm not old enough to have remembered it).

I would like to see something else done with the petting zoo... I think it's a strange thing to have in the middle of the park, and I always feel bad for those goats in the heat.

Toontown is another thing that could be reworked, I'm just glad it's in a back corner and I don't have to walk through it
                              2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
                              *~2014- Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*
                              *~2015- Disney Parks Premier Passholder~*

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X