This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Firework "Spectacular"...:confused:

So...after going to Disneyland for a Dole whip and ride Splash Mtn., I waited for the "Fantasy in the Sky" Fireworks that they have made for the spring break crowds...well...at 6 minutes long...it sucked. That's a quarter of the lenth of Fantasmic! and the first minute was spent with a long prelude of music (sin fireworks). It seems to be a cross between Imagine! and the New Year's "Fantasy in the Sky", combining the Whole New World segment, Let's Go Fly a Kite, Mickey Mouse Club, and others. The only "special" firework I spotted were some smiley faces. Only one fan effect and a total of 3 shooting stars. During the show there were even announcements like "And now, our grand finale!" to let the audience know it wasn't just a fake out finale, but the real thing that took up a third of the 6 minute show using the Imagine! build up at the end. I've got the video...I just don't know how/where to host it. Did anyone witness this show? It was nice to see fireworks, but Disney should be able to accomplish much more than just that. The castle's lighting was nice, but didn't even change once! Perhaps it's part of that "make it little now to make the 50th show look giant!" attitude... :confused:

I saw it...I was very let down.. thank god it's only for a week. i think they just threw it together because of all the complaints they've been getting.
    ...I finally changed my avatar...

Comment

The Little Bit I Know...

As I understand it, they had to cut back to the Fantasy in the Sky show instead of Believe for a while leading up to the 50th. Basically, they just needed something to do in the extra-busy seasons, but couldn't "afford" (not money-wise, but pollution-wise) to do Believe. Apparently, the new Remember fireworks are going to cost the park quite a bit in environmental damage "points" with local legislators during the Happiest Celebration and they needed to save up some "points" for then. I don't remember the specifics and I'm not really familiar with California air/noise pollution laws, but until someone chimes in with more info, hopefully that can help some.

I believe it was written about at MiceAge at some point last year, but I'm sure it's not in the archives anymore...
      Last edited by WDWFan75; 03-18-2005, 11:21 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Yeah guys ... I mean it is Spring Break so they put in a firework show for everyone to look at. It is not supposed to be something or anything NEAR the fireworks for the 50th. Kinda like the clvalcades are there for a filler until the 50th kicks off! Once it does, there should be no more complaints. It's fine for now since it is just gonna be here for a FEW weeks! If this were for ever then I'd be sad ... but it is not ... so just cool your heels for a bit, it will all be worth it. Use this as a time to jump in line for an attraction while all the out of towners sit infront of the castle and watch the show!

Comment

I thought this was going to be for the next few weeks....
          And it was going to be IMAGINE .. but I guess they cut that out at the last minute. how sad.

Comment

it will last through the spring break season which seems will be like 3 weeks long this year. its not there to be spectacular its there to keep down the dissappointment rating just like the cavalcades. theres nothing worse than telling a person who came all the way across the country "sorry no fireworks cuz its not time for the new ones yet" especially when there's a bunch of stuff not open in build up for a time when they're not gonna be there.
            i have no idea

Comment

ANYTHING...as in Anything that they can do FOR US that does not generate dollars in a cash register is welcome by me for sure. The Mountain Climbers or a smaller Fireworks show...what's the beef? It's ambiance...it's atmosphere...it's DISNEYLAND! And it's not another freakin' Pin or something else to buy. Look up...say oooooh...ahhhh and be glad DL is back on track...for once after so long a drought, we CAN assume they know what they are doing.
              Thanks Matt.

Doug
              http://SpookyBook.com
              'Scary Dark Rides' Now in Hard & Soft Cover!
              The ONLY Dark Ride Book.

Comment

Agreed. Mediocre fireworks are better than no fireworks.
                "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

Originally posted by ttztotdca50
                  Agreed. Mediocre fireworks are better than no fireworks.
                  exactly. There weren't supposed to be ANY fireworks for spring break but Matt (Ouimet) and Greg (Emmer) wanted to provide something for the springbreak guests. This really is a case of something being better than nothing. Fear not though, only 46 days left until the real fireworks debut.
                  -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
                  -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
                  --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

The last time I watched a full fireworks show I think I was about 10 or 11. Ever since we've spent the time for fireworks to avoid lines and get some extra rides in...
                    However, I am looking forward to the "Remember" show and I plan on watching it at least a couple times during its run. I've heard excerpts from audio for it and seen some concept art.. it looks to be really good. As for the current fireworks show, its only here to hold all the fireworks fans over until the real fireworks show.

WDWFan75 said that it could be becuase Disney will be racking up some pollution "points" during the 50th celebration ... but I don't think theyre giving us a small show simply because of that. I'm sure there are other reasons for it... i.e.: money issues...and from what I understand Disney wont be getting nearly as much slack for their fireworks show as they have in the past because all the fireworks are being air-launched instead of with black powder.. so it's environmentally-friendly......

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Remember would be best viewed in the Hub.. then from thre different lands for different perspectives....

I dont think i saw any at DL last time i went back over Spring break in 1998 or 1999

Comment

I'm not expecting much until May 5th
                        so I have low expectations if any for "Fantasy In The Sky" (ver. 4.5 or whatever the hell it is).

Comment

Fantasy in the Sky fireworks goes nightly from now until April 2.. The 2 weeks of Spring Break in which Disneyland is open 8am-midnight everyday. I really liked this fireworks show. It was short, but it was very good! Obviously the crowd around me on Main St liked it as well because everyone cheered after the finale, which was awesome! So this is a nice filler for now, then there will only be about 1 month of no fireworks before the big 50th show! Can't wait!

They also did not have fireworks nearly as often before "Believe..There's Magic in the Stars" debuted in February, 2000. After that, they had fireworks way more often, like on Fridays and Saturdays during the off-season and nightly during Spring Break.

Comment

Hmph. I still miss Believe...

*cry*

Comment

Fantasy in the Sky was fun, short and entertaining. though i did miss the patriotic finale they used to run as a tag. we've just gotten spoiled with big "storytelling" fireworks shows with heavy narration and scenic fireworks- nothing wrong with a light interlude of pure pyro with an awesome "goodnight kiss" moment!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X