This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain at the DLR = no fun

Ok so yesterdaywas our 1st day at Disneyland out of 3 days we are going. So we sat and waited for over and hour for each parade (POD and BPB) And since it was either a light sprinkle or it was a bu=it of a drizzle neither parade did a show stop, iwasnt upset or anything its truly understandable but it still sucks...

AND... The first Fantasmic! show was cancelled dueing the Chernabog part and the 2nd show (the one i had BALCONY seats for) was just cancelled all together, that sucks too. but at least I got my money back right? Now I know I have 2 more days but the down side to that is there really wont be entertainment since we are going back Wed/Thurs. But its ok since there will be alot less people (ther where alot yesterday) So we decided to go back later on this week with less people....

Re: Rain at the DLR = no fun

Rain days are some of my favorite days at the DLR. Less crowds, less lines. Ya just gotta make do. If there's no Fantasmic or fireworks, find an alternate show to watch. Or do something you normally wouldn't bother doing to "fill the void" so to speak. You might be pleasantly surprised at how much fun you CAN have on a rain day.

So get on out there, get wet, spash in the puddles and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut
      Rain days are some of my favorite days at the DLR. Less crowds, less lines. Ya just gotta make do. If there's no Fantasmic or fireworks, find an alternate show to watch. Or do something you normally wouldn't bother doing to "fill the void" so to speak. You might be pleasantly surprised at how much fun you CAN have on a rain day.

So get on out there, get wet, spash in the puddles and have fun!
      MAKE DO MY APPLE BOTTOM!!!!

I thought Id do the rain and stay and play while all the smart ones left, guess what ... IM SICKER THAN A DOG!!!
      I had chills all night long a stuffy head and my throat is killing me.
      But hey ya know I got to ride all my favorite rides.. hmmm
      Stay home, stay indoors lock up your women.. no wait dont lock them up. well unless your into that sorta thing...
      Come to the dark side,
      we have cookies.

Comment

Cant blame the rain for getting sick thats an old wives tale. You were probably infected before you even went. Sorry, I reject you totally :lmao:

Comment

Had a birthday trip planned Friday with my wife, but decided to cancel becaue of the rain. We live in the high desert and had warnings of snow in the cajon pass.

Comment

I love going in the rain. I don't watch the entertainment and I'm happiest when it cancels, but I can certainly understand it would suck for people who don't go very often....I'm sorry...enjoy the light crowds though...

Comment

But being out in the cold probably help speed it along err, I mean Sorry that you're sick.
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I rank the rainy days as some of my personal favorites! When else can you do Indy 3X in a row with no hassle, or Space Mt 4X in a row. I was there last night when it rained off and on - finally got a chance to see Monsters & also the last showing of Muppets - both were practically walk-ons!
                B5, Marcus Cole:
                I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair, then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserved them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe........

Comment

:beg: let it rain one or two days while we are there :beg:
                  that way maybe I will get to ride my favorite rides more then once Oh man space 4 times in a row, what a dream!!:beg:

Comment

I LOVE rainy DL days. No lines for Splash .

Comment

I went last night specifically to see BPB and of course with the sprinkling they didn't stop which was a bummer. Plus I was by myself and in moccasins that got soaked. I ended up seeing the 6pm Aladdin and then leaving. I was miserable lol. I hate rain at the parks.

Comment

It was definately interesting yesterday with the rain. Luckily, it stopped long enough so we could catch a few shows of the band at Club Buzz. But we left early because we didn't want to hit the heavy rain. Well, we hit it head on at the 57 & 60 interchange. I haven't see rain fall that hard in a long time!
                        Take Care,

Brenda

Comment

Originally posted by halfbreed3614
                          Ok so yesterdaywas our 1st day at Disneyland out of 3 days we are going. So we sat and waited for over and hour for each parade (POD and BPB) And since it was either a light sprinkle or it was a bu=it of a drizzle neither parade did a show stop, iwasnt upset or anything its truly understandable but it still sucks...

AND... The first Fantasmic! show was cancelled dueing the Chernabog part and the 2nd show (the one i had BALCONY seats for) was just cancelled all together, that sucks too. but at least I got my money back right? Now I know I have 2 more days but the down side to that is there really wont be entertainment since we are going back Wed/Thurs. But its ok since there will be alot less people (ther where alot yesterday) So we decided to go back later on this week with less people....
                          Oh you poor thing. We go every two years at Xmas and last time it rained 8 out of the 11 days we were there. I don't feel sorry for you. We paid alot of money for that trip and you have to do what you can. We got to go on the good rides (POTC, HM, Indiana Jones) without a wait. The gift shops made out good with us buying sweatshirts and rainjackets. Other days we just went to a mall and hung out. You have to make do.

Comment

Aww, a MiceChatter was going to be on Balcony?!

Dumb ol' rain!
                            Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                            Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                            May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

If you don't want the rain, we'll take it here in West Texas.
                              As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X