Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pirates Question?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pirates Question?

    Why do they have a picture of a woman with her hair over her chest by the Drinking skeletons, but they will not let the Pirates chase the women without the food?
    I'm Trying to start something am I....
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

  • #2
    Thats a good Question I never thoght of it like that?
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do



    Comment


    • #3
      It has always Puzzled me... :confused:
      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yea, good question. Everytime I pass by it, I'm surprised it's still there. Not that I think it shouldn't be, but I'm shocked that it hasn't been deemed 'offensive' to somebody

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm suprised the PC hasn't complained about that.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hmmmmm It's not PC for the pirates to chase the women around but perfectly fine to pimp them out at the "Buy a Bride" scene and have nude artwork of a woman in the cave? Sheesh bring back the horny pirates and bring it back to how it used to be. :monkey:
            PirateMunkee

            Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Lol

              Comment


              • #8
                Sssshhhhh before it vanishes...

                Comment


                • #9
                  That's always bothered me too. If you can sell a bride, then you can chase a woman. It's reflective of the true pirate mentality. I don't see how being a little horny is more offensive or bad for our children than seeing rampid drinking in the streets, gunplay and arson...people need to get a grip, not everything has to have significant meaning. It's just a ride, let it be the way it was intended.
                  Visit Disney Nuts today!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tony
                    That's always bothered me too. If you can sell a bride, then you can chase a woman. It's reflective of the true pirate mentality. I don't see how being a little horny is more offensive or bad for our children than seeing rampid drinking in the streets, gunplay and arson...people need to get a grip, not everything has to have significant meaning. It's just a ride, let it be the way it was intended.
                    That's a good point, I've never really thought about it that way. I suppose it's somewhat similar to the situation with televison, with violence being perfectly acceptable but sexual situations being deemed inappropriate and contraversial. Not that I'm suggesting changing anything, of course, just making a semi-comparison.
                    Hopefully they'll do what they did with the Jungle Cruise, seeing that the decision was overly PC and reversing it.
                    Last edited by JMike; 01-15-2005, 11:55 PM. Reason: Grammar

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JMike
                      That's a good point, I've never really thought about it that way. I suppose it's somewhat similar to the situation with televison, with violence being perfectly acceptable but sexual situations being deemed inappropriate and contraversial. Not that I'm suggesting changing anything, of course, just making a semi-comparison.
                      Hopefully they'll do what they did with the Jungle Cruise, seeing that the decision was overly PC and reversing it.
                      I agree both Tony and Jmike Let it be, return it to its original state.
                      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well, not to be an old grumpy stick-in-the-mud, but I think the chase scene had, unfortunately, acquired overtones of rape and assault. Just a product of the age in which we're living. 1969 was still quite a bit more innocent. Back then, I think most people only thought that the pirates might smooch their wenches if they caught them. The auction scene doesn't have the same resonance, it might actually mean the same thing, but the physical staging of the scene doesn't imply imminent physical assault. The pirate wench painting is just a painting of a pirate wench. The scene wasn't changed because "somebody was offended," but because times have changed. Way too many people know or know of someone who has been sexually assaulted.
                        As for the guns on Jungle Cruise, it wasn't animal rights groups or anti-gun lobbyists, it was Columbine and a spate of other schoolyard shootings that made lots of people very nervous about guns. Now that time has passed, I'm glad they've brought them back. It doesn't mean that guns in real life are any more or less dangerous, it just means people in general aren't thinking "schoolyard shooting" when they see one.
                        So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          do the piraytes still "wants the redhead.. favorite line from the attraction...."

                          oh and where is this artwork.. does someone have photographic proof it exists??

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I believe that our very own NotAfraid IS the red head in that picture. She may have a pic of the painting for us too.
                            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

                            Find us on Facebook:

                            .

                            How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,














                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dustysage
                              I believe that our very own NotAfraid IS the red head in that picture. She may have a pic of the painting for us too.
                              You mean this one:

                              I need to get a life...

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X