• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st Trip report, Presidents Day weekend trip DAYS ONE & TWO

Trip report 2/17/06 to 2/20/06
    Friday February 17, 2006.
    Saturday February 18, 2006

Re: My 1st Trip report, Presidents Day weekend trip DAYS ONE & TWO

Great trip report so far, thanks for sharing, I cannot wait for more.

Comment

awsome report!! more/ more!!!

Comment

Great. Keep it coming.
        Gawrsh !!

Comment

I love the Park Place Inn also. I agree about the staff! Jan the reservation sales manager is great and they are starting to remember me and greet me by name! Can't get closer to the parks!

Great report, thanks for posting!

Comment

Oh wow!! sounds like you all had a great time. Loved the trip report. Thanks.

Comment

OK, I'm glad you guys liked the first part...I'll continue with day 3:

Sunday February 19,2006
              really

Comment

OK, here is the last day of our trip:
                Monday, February 20, 2006

Wake up to glorious sunshine! Of course, we are leaving today, I kind so sad. We had planned on trying to make one last quick trip to DCA this morning to ride Monsters again and maybe It tough to be a bug but we never made it (and that was OK with DD). When we arrived at DL, we spotted Pinnochio out by the Emporioum so of course we got in line (it was a long one) while DH went to get us more coffee.

Then we saw Mr. Penguin and got in that line after Pinocchio, when we spotted Mary Poppins and Burt (Bert?) walking by. DD immediately wanted to leave the penguin line (LOL) to go after Mary Poppins, one of her favorite characters. THEY WERE AWESOME. Instead of starting a line, they announced they were going to play Hide and Seek. A couple of kids went with Burt to hide but my daughter would not leave Mary Poppins so she told her she could seek with her. WOW this is going to be a video I l cherish forever my daughter in stunned awe that she is PLAYING with Mary Poppins he was great, while counting she kept running her gloved finger over the railing to make sure it was clean LOL. Then she held DD by the hand and started seeking for Burt and the other kids. Finally they found them in the Fire Dept. Then Mary said ow we will hide and again she grabs DD by the hand and runs across to hide in the lobby of the opera house. (The funny (and sad) thing is I overheard other parents tell their kids to not run after the characters, because they were running and there was no ine to see them, but anybody could have joined in the fun).

So here we are, Mary Poppins, DD (who is still speechless) DH taking pictures and me holding the camcorder, all hiding in the Opera House, having a one on one with Mary Poppins! She asked DD where she lived, and what her favorite song was, and when DD told her Tupence MP said hat was Walt favorite also, I used to sing it to him all the time I almost cried (I know you fellow Disney freaks will understand LOL). So by then Burt and the kids finds us and by now the band is marching in with Alice and that gang, so we join them for a dance around the little plaza (MP let DD hold her umbrella while dancing!) Then Burt and MP danced off stage and we continued on the dancing and fun with Alice. She gathered a bunch of dads and had them all doing a can-can dance (my DH did it with them, it was hilarious).

WOW, on such a Disney igh we head down main street toward Adventure Land, to get our last Dole Whip of the day and get FP for Indy- the wait was 20 minutes so we went in to rid it but then the ride broke down e left with our FP praying we would get to ride one last time before we had to leave at noon. We headed over to Splash (it was getting to be nicer weather and I knew the line would be getting longer) It was already at a 35 min wait but it actually took about 20 minutes. We were happy we got to ride it since it had been broken 3 times during our trip. We head back to NOS to do our final pirates ride. Then we ride TMRR and head to the castle to do a little shopping in the Princess store. Pinochio had a short line so we rode that as well. I was hoping to catch one last villain but with the luck we had earlier I wasn really dissapointed that we didn see any. We ride Matterhorn one last time, and head back to our last ride of the day INDY. It was awesome as usual but I could feel that little tightness in the back of my throat that we were leaving, I could see the little sadness in DDs face also, such a bittersweet moment!

Buh-bye DL! We l come back as soon as we can! I told DH we needed to stop by to get our APs as we had planned and then we be on the road ithout knowing the line was huge! Oh well, it was moving fairly quickly, but it still took about 45 minutes. I stood in line while DD and DH went to get a Gibson cone. DH was so sweet, they stopped at the Jewelry store and he got my a Mickey ring with a on it (our last name) and a sweet pair of earrings. We finally make it in, get our pictures taken, $349 later we are proud holders of our first ever AP ! I justified the purchase to DH by explaining that this is a good financial move even if we only come one more time this year, still cheaper than buying 4 day hoppers again, right? (he just doesn know the plans I have LOL)

All in all, it was an awesome weekend. I can wait to get AP rates so we can stay at the DL hotel next time (we coming for sure for DD 8th birthday in August and I trying to come in November also since I dying to see the Holiday decorations which we e never had a chance to experience)

:yea:

Comment

OMG Sorry about the typos, I emailed myself a word document and this silly computer only has Word Perfect instead of word so now my post is missing letters and it didn't run the spell check for me

Comment

Originally posted by LuvDLand
                    OK, I'm glad you guys liked the first part...I'll continue with day 3:

Sunday February 19,2006really
                    I enjoyed this, wow you got a lot in, sorry BB was not good this time, some thimes peoplesay they did not get the best service, I hope next time its way better. Also how did you get so many fast passes? I though you could only get one at a time for rides? and have to use them up before getting another? Tell me more!!!

Comment

I really enjoyed your trip report, I wish you would have throw some pics in, but I understand. Tahnk you ,made me really excited for my up coming trip!!

Comment

WOW!! Thanks for posting this! I am so happy that you got to enjoy so many "firsts"!!

Sorry about BB. I have had a bad experience now and again at every resturant I have ever visited. Hopefully you will give it another chance!

Thanks again for posting, I enjoyed reading it!

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla
                          I enjoyed this, wow you got a lot in, sorry BB was not good this time, some thimes peoplesay they did not get the best service, I hope next time its way better. Also how did you get so many fast passes? I though you could only get one at a time for rides? and have to use them up before getting another? Tell me more!!!
                          Yes, you can only get one at a time....BUT I read the sticky post at the beginning of this forum...it gives you all the "tricks" on using Fastpass It really makes a huge difference!

I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MegaDisney
                            WOW!! Thanks for posting this! I am so happy that you got to enjoy so many "firsts"!!

Sorry about BB. I have had a bad experience now and again at every resturant I have ever visited. Hopefully you will give it another chance!

Thanks again for posting, I enjoyed reading it!
                            Thank you for reading ...and yes, I will most surely try BB again, probably in August when I go w/DD and my mom. I did take it with a grain of salt and figured my experience was the exception, not the rule,KWIM

Comment

Thanks for report
                              :crazylegs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X