This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting Walt's Grave?

Has anyone done this? I know he's buried in the Forest Hills Cemetary at 1712 S. Glendale Avenue in Glendale. But has anyone made the trip to visit his grave?

Re: Visiting Walt's Grave?

Can't you just let him R.I.P. instead of creating some tourist attraction?

Oh well.
    -Wes

Comment

I think it would be nice paying him some respect. Besides, Wikipedia says that you can't take pictures in the cemetery, and that "the information office usually refuses to say where famous people are buried." Good luck finding Uncle Walt!

Comment

No one can go unless they are family. That cemetary is highly classified and is only open to the families of the deceased famed celebrities.
        "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

Yes, a bunch of us Micechatters went and paid our respects to him back in October.

I hardly see paying respects to someone who's dead that you admire turning their grave into a tourist attraction. Besides have you BEEN to Forest Lawn? It veritably IS a tourist attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
            No one can go unless they are family. That cemetary is highly classified and is only open to the families of the deceased famed celebrities.
            Where did you get this from? Like I said we found it and it was hardly highly classified and only open to families. Yes its hidden but if you look hard enough you can find it. No barbed wire fence surrounding it, no motion detectors, it was very simple and dignified.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut
              Where did you get this from? Like I said we found it and it was hardly highly classified and only open to families. Yes its hidden but if you look hard enough you can find it. No barbed wire fence surrounding it, no motion detectors, it was very simple and dignified.
              Yes, directions to the grave are quite easy to find online.

Never trust ANYTHING on Wikipedia.

Comment

I myself have not. Even though Walt created such a great place that I love to visit, it just seems kinda creepy since I didn't personally know him. I do like to think that he's still there at DL and we visit (and honor him) every time we go to DL.
                "Sometimes the way forward, is also the way back." :captain:

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut
                  Oh, I dont know, I saw this on a site, but I guess the information on there was wrong, It said that it was only opened to the families of the celebrities, thanks for clearing that up, I've never deeply looked into it.
                  "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

His gravesite is beautiful and very peaceful. I've been twice - just to say thanks.
                    disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

This is all they ask of you as far as etiquette is concerned. They won't tell you where famous people are buried but they won't stop you from going there. No reason to unless you're somehow suspicious.

If you're curious, he's at the panhandle of the property, just to the left of the "Freedom Masoleum" building. The plot has a little garden of it's own.

Here's a front and side view from helicopter, the arrow points out the location.

Comment

Despite the no picture rule, I actually have seen pictures of Walt's grave floating on the internet.... Don't take pictures though!

I want to pay my respects soon, to a man that I've respected for a long time.
                        Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

I would love to go one day. I don't think he'd ever have a problem with anyone paying their respects... in respectful ways of course.

Comment

Who makes up all this crap anyway? Stop the Madness! Good Lord Almighty!

I was part of the group that went last October. It was a great day, eating lunch at Uncle Walt's favorite restaurant and then visiting his grave site. It was a nice moment; respectful, and we had a fun time. And that cemetary is AMAZING.

Wikipedia has some good information, but basically that site took the game of "telephone" and somehow convinced people that everything they say is legitimate. I thought their illusory bubble was finally popped a few months ago. Or did I read that on Wikipedia?

Comment

Originally posted by speederscout
                              Wikipedia has some good information, but basically that site took the game of "telephone" and somehow convinced people that everything they say is legitimate. I thought their illusory bubble was finally popped a few months ago. Or did I read that on Wikipedia?
                              Wikipedia is a good starting point, but seriously, go to the library and go to a REAL encylopedia to back it up!

I might pay my respects to Walt with my boyfriend. I hope the idea doesn't creep him out. :blush:
                              Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X