This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some photos and news/observations from the DLR, 3/2/06

Went to the park on Thursday, and a few things caught my eye.

HISTA is opening at 11 AM

The Fantasmic! stage was behind refurb walls

The Star Trader is closed for replacement of the floor

More elements from Pirates are missing, the two Pirates that try to pull the Treasure Chest up the waterfall have been removed.

Lots of progress at the Sub Lagoon

Over at DCA...

Redwood Creek has reopened, but most of it remains closed, just the stage show area and the tire swings are open. All the rope elements, the bridges, the wall climbs, the interactive cave and most of the walkways are closed.

The Caterpiller ODV cart has been removed.

The San Francisco Buildings have been uncovered

Lots of photos are available here...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1244848

P.S., I placed the news in the non-Disney Park section, but if you missed it, the old New Orleans Square Mime, Laginiappe has found a new steady job at USH.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Some photos and news/observations from the DLR, 3/2/06

Looks like they're trying to get a headstart on the POTC additions. Cool.

Comment

awesome pictures!!

always exciting so see them

Comment

That pirates AA was a recent addition, so now it's technically more like the old ride than it was before.

No more fastpass for Splash? Woop!

Comment

I was there too... One of these days, I'm gonna recognize you Darkbeer, and we'll have a quick chat!

Wasn't too crowded yesterday either huh? Nice relaxing day, albeit a bit windy and chilly.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian
            I was there too... One of these days, I'm gonna recognize you Darkbeer, and we'll have a quick chat!
            Heck, I got approached a few times yesterday, and folks introduced themselves.... Feel free to do the same

Comment

Good pictures, as always. I didn't know DCA had cats in it! I wonder what Disney management thinks about that.

Comment

Nice photos. I always enjoy those photos that take a slightly different look at Disneyland, even if it means an angle I haven't seen before.
                I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by karamie
                  Good pictures, as always. I didn't know DCA had cats in it! I wonder what Disney management thinks about that.
                  Knotts has cats (lots) and they feed them! They being workers doubt its management.

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

thanks for the update DB! it's been awhile since i've been, so it's good to see what's been going on. always love to see pics of the kitties...haven't seen that kitty before.
                    <o>

Comment

heh... I bet by the time Pirates actually closes there will be a few skeletons, a cat, and a burning town. Everything else will be gone.
                      St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

what are they doing the california dreams (Palace of Fine Arts) entrance? It looks like they're getting ready for spring break and summer - lots of construction.

Can't wait for the sub ride to be finished - thank you for the pictures, I looked at everyone of them!
                        sigpic
                        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

DarkBeer - Great pictures as usual.

The submarine pictures have always been interesting. The one thing that hasn't been explained is why was portions of the old "sea bed" stripped off leaving an unusual grid pattern on the concrete? It now looks like they are getting ready to fill those in along with building new coral. Just very odd. I'm not sure what the purpose of the smooth strips of concrete are for.

Any thoughts?
                          The Mur

Comment

They decided to reseal the seams to help prevent leakage once they refill the lagoon.

So they had to remove the decor to get to the bare concrete

Comment

That's the weirdest thing ...

I can check my Smugmug acct from work, but not Darkbeers. Doesn't make any sense to me.

I will have to check out the pics tomorrow.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X