This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Trader Sam

Anyone know why the old Trader Sam was removed? Why is there just a guy with no mask and a baby elephant now? PC reasons? Just curious...

Re: Old Trader Sam

It is the old trader same he is just missing his mask

Comment

Actually, Trader Sam now looks like he did when the Jungle Cruise opened in 1955. :P
      Member of the Disney Class of 2005
      Disneyland CM for 4 years.
      May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Really? Wow. I would have never known. So is there a reason why he got a mask in the first place, then?

Comment

I miss that mask...I always thought it looked so cool.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySarah
            Really? Wow. I would have never known. So is there a reason why he got a mask in the first place, then?
            Maybe the PC reasons you were thinking about in your OP.

Who knows though... things change! I like him now without the mask though. He looks a little more ominous without it and his slight smile makes him look a more evil... but the mystery of who it was behind the mask was creepy all the same...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Well, wearing that thing for many decades, it gets kinda hot; I need a break and some fresh air.
              Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Sam
                Well, wearing that thing for many decades, it gets kinda hot; I need a break and some fresh air.
                It's not the head, it's the humidity! Well, keep your head up!

I almost laughed my head off at that one, Trader Sam. By the way, is your brother "Trader Joe?" He's having a similar "two buck one chuck special".

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X