X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retelling Nemo (Sub Lagoon Discussion) - Orange County Register, 3/13/06

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1039735.php

(Kevin) Rafferty spends most of his time these days at the Submarine lagoon, getting ready to open a new attraction next year. The old subs closed in 1998. He talked about how the ride developed, and how he became an Imagineer.

Q: What are some of the challenges in telling a story that's under water?Q. There are separate portholes in the subs to see the story, but how will people hear different audio tracks?
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Retelling Nemo (Sub Lagoon Discussion) - Orange County Register, 3/13/06

Looking good.

Anything with new audio tech serves my inner geek, and the return of the subs just gets me all warm and gooey.

I like the idea that you aren't all experiencing the same thing simultaneously. I suppose it isn't that new a concept, though, as a boat behind or in front of you in POTC or a buggy in HM will be experiencing each moment at a different pace to the one before or ahead.

Still, exciting times!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

It will certainly be interesting to see how this works when it's finished. I for one am really excited.

Ah, fresh Imagineering is in the air...

Comment

Once again, Darkbeer you rule for pointing out things like this, and the pictures of the lagoon you take.

Comment

Exciting! Sounds like its going to shape up to be an interesting, entertaining ride!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X