No announcement yet.

3-25 Retro Disneyland Slide Show!!!!!

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-25 Retro Disneyland Slide Show!!!!!

Hello everyone I just read in the LA Times that there is a Retro Disneyland Slide Show this Saturday and Sunday in Hollywood CA, I thought you might be interested in it.

What: Retro Disneyland slide show
    Where: Egyptian Theatre, 6712 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood
    When: 8 p.m. Saturday and 1 p.m. Sunday
    Price: $25
    “Ladies and gentlemen may I have your attention. Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times…” as we go back in time to the granddaddy of all theme parks when it was new. This is the ultimate “E” Ticket to the Magic Kingdom in the 50s and 60s.

Experience long-gone attractions like the Phantom Boats, Flying Saucers, Indian Village, the Carousel of Progress, and others. See the original attractions on Main Street USA, Adventureland, Fantasyland and Frontierland.

Explore the original Tomorrowland when it was when it promoted as “The World of 1987.” Then be there for the all-new Tomorrowland in 1967. Get the flaming back-story of the monorail, go inside the ultra space-age, all plastic House of the Future; take the TWA Rocket to the Moon and much, much more!

Also see Freedomland USA, the ill-fated wannabe Disneyland theme park that opened in the Bronx 1960.
    Last edited by CAspace; 03-23-2006, 06:09 PM.

Re: 3-25 Retro Disneyland Slide Show!!!!!

From the web site:
      Charles Phoenix’s live retro slide shows delight audiences and critics from coast to coast. He cleverly reinvents the classic living room slide show by mixing and matching amazing 1940s, 50s and 60s vintage family and travel slides into a Kodachrome kaleidoscope of American culture. His witty observations and informed narration blend the hysterical with the historical and the ironic with the iconic.
      I guess it is more than just a "slide show"
      Last edited by CAspace; 03-23-2006, 06:10 PM.

Yeah, it is a bit pricey, but it is way fun. I've seen it before. He did it for Gay Days at Disneyland a couple of years ago.

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.