This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunny Popcorn??

Okay, so who here has had this incredibly horribly addictive confection?? I am addicted. I admit it.:blush:

The only problem is it's so darn hard to get ahold of! It seems like the cart is closed more than it's open.

Does anyone know any tricks as to how to score some when I'm there next weekend? Are there particular days/times that it's open???

I live in Utah and we like to get a bucket or two before we fly home so we can stick it in a ziploc and freeze some for later, but last time we were there (in November) it was never open!

If anyone has any Hunny Popcorn info to satisfy my addiction I would be most greatful!!!!!
    Disneyland Fan Since 1985

Next Trip: July 6 for the Premier of Dead Man's Chest!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Hunny Popcorn??

There's two carts in DCA that sell it. One of them seems to always be open.
    Mike

Comment

Mmmm, that sounds good!

I'll have to try some when we're there for Easter.

Thanks!

Comment

Its a must get. It falls in the same category as churros. We not only look for them we split up and search for it as if our kids lives depended on it..Hhahaha In other words Honey Popcorn is the best.
        We rock the party that rocks the party!
        We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

The only problem is it's so darn hard to get ahold of! It seems like the cart is closed more than it's open
          I have never heard of that kind of popcorn I bet my lady would love it! anyone know where it can be bought? what times would be best to get it?

Comment

Originally posted by MouseketeerSince86
            I have never heard of that kind of popcorn I bet my lady would love it! anyone know where it can be bought? what times would be best to get it?
            One cart is next to the Pooh ride in DL. The other two are in DCA. One in the Plaza and one between Soarin' and the GCH.
            Mike

Comment

Although I agree that Hunny Popcorn is yummy... it's too easy IMHO to make
              on your own.... Here's a microwave recipe from the Honey Board....

Yeah, I know it's not the same as getting one at DL, but if you're not going to
              DL for a while (like me) and starting to hanker for this (like me!)..... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by nish221
                Although I agree that Hunny Popcorn is yummy... it's too easy IMHO to make
                on your own.... Here's a microwave recipe from the Honey Board....

Yeah, I know it's not the same as getting one at DL, but if you're not going to
                DL for a while (like me) and starting to hanker for this (like me!)..... :-)
                Thanks nish! I'll have to try it, b/c I'm having a major craving after all this Hunny Popcorn talk!

But let me clarify! The Hunny Popcorn sold at the cart next to the Pooh ride in Critter Country is NOT the same as the Caramel corn in DCA. The Hunny kind is much better (IMHO). According to the CM running the Hunny cart in August (which was the last time I was able to score some! Sad!) the Hunny kind is a different recipe than the caramel corn, and it's only sold at that cart in Critter Country.

MMMMM....and when you get it fresh and it's warm!!!!!! *drooling*

Comment

i had the hunny (not caramel) at the cart in DCA. it's gross either way, IMHO.
                  <o>

Comment

Originally posted by JediMasterBelle
                    Does anyone know any tricks as to how to score some when I'm there next weekend?
                    The short answer is that you won't be able to. The cart has been offstage for several months now due to the continuous staffing shortage. And considering that the cart takes up to three people per shift to operate during peak season, I wouldn't expect it to return anytime before summer, and considering that said staffing issue isn't expected to be over by then, I wouldn't plan on it then either. All four of DCA's popcorn wagons will carry regular caramel corn, which is good, but as has been said before, not as good as the hunny corn.

Sorry to bring the bad news, but If it's something that you feel strongly enough about I suggest a visit to City Hall to file a formal complaint, that's about all that can be done at this point.
                    The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies.

Comment

Better yet, go apply to work the honey popcorn wagon lol.

Comment

OMG! Hunny Corn. Is it anything like Kettle corn or is it better? I hope Hunny Corn will be back by the time I go in September!
                        Originally posted by aashee
                        We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

I like it cause it is hot and is sweeter/less salty than kettle corn. The ones in dca aren't as good as the one by pooh ride which is always closed
                          aka Sara

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

One of my children
                          isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating :sleep:

Comment

Originally posted by Polar33
                            The short answer is that you won't be able to. The cart has been offstage for several months now due to the continuous staffing shortage. And considering that the cart takes up to three people per shift to operate during peak season, I wouldn't expect it to return anytime before summer, and considering that said staffing issue isn't expected to be over by then, I wouldn't plan on it then either. All four of DCA's popcorn wagons will carry regular caramel corn, which is good, but as has been said before, not as good as the hunny corn.

Sorry to bring the bad news, but If it's something that you feel strongly enough about I suggest a visit to City Hall to file a formal complaint, that's about all that can be done at this point.
                            Dang it. I had wondered if that was the case. Well, we should be going back in July or August, maybe it will be open then!!

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings
                              Better yet, go apply to work the honey popcorn wagon lol.
                              LOL...Well....Utah is a little too much of a commute for me!

Seriously though even if I were in CA I couldn't work at the Hunny Popcorn cart. I'd get fired for eating the merchandise!!!!!!!!!)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X