This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roz on the Monsters, Inc. ride

OK... I know I'm sure I already missed a whole discussion/thread on this already... (so I'm apologizing -in advance- ... for behind the times with this... BUT... can someone tell me how they do the little comments/voice with Roz at the end of the Monsters, Inc ride?? I'm assuming that it's something where someone is watching riders from somewhere... and comments are either typed (and thus synced to the character's voice)... or voice-activated directly. Fill me in!!
    P.S. She was especailly flirty with me this evening... lol

Re: Roz on the Monsters, Inc. ride

ever play with a soundboard on ebaumsworld? i think it's kinda like that

Comment

It is totally random. There is no one monitoring it.

Comment

are you sure... because I was sitting by myself in the 2nd row... and she turned to me... and proceeded to say... ..."now you sir... in the 2nd row..."...etc... (what if there had been a single female rider in the 2nd row of that car) and then.... I noticed.... prior to that... in the car in front of me... she said something to a woman in the front who took an extra second to get out... something funny.

Comment

I think that the camera the monsters point at you right before you get to roz allows some poor lonely cm in some secluded back room to see you. They then choose from a selection of commands for roz to say to you.
          St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

It has to be monitored. When we rode it she was very specific in talking to my daughter (commenting on her clothes and such). Another time she was talking to me and said something along the lines of "Hey sir in the second row with the little girl....etc."

Comment

I haven't been on this ride yet, but this sounds very similar to Crush in Turtle Talk. That actually sounds pretty cool.

Comment

There are dozens of pre-recorded phrases by the original voice of Roz (the director of the film) Yes, when the bright lights and camera are on you at the end a lonely monitor looks at the guests and selects one of the pre-recorded sayings. When a CM is not available there is an autopilot that selects generic greetings.
                Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
                If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
                Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

generic sayings like. "Boy, you humans sure waited a long time for this"
                  or "I bet you are either a boy or a girl or some sort of boy-girl hybrid"
                  St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfreak
                    It is totally random. There is no one monitoring it.
                    That is not what I have been told. There is a radom feature when a person is away, but There are a lot of pre-recorded saying that Roz can do. A cast member just has to pick which one she is going to say.
                    Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

LOL good'ol Roz

Comment

That is really cool!
                        Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Im so bitter roz never talked to me
                          ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

Comment

I had heard that the guest response as well as the cast member response was so strong that they recorded even more Roz voice tracks to increase the options.
                            The Mur

Comment

I went on the ride and I couldn't understand a single word that Roz said. I have not been back to see if it was a fluke or not. I didn't think the ride was worth the wait (almost 40 minutes) anyway.
                              Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X