Boy Scouts take the Virgina property

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy Scouts take the Virgina property

AP-Boy Scout Camp New Scout camp opening near Washington
    HAYMARKET, Va. (AP) -- Tens of thousands of youngsters in the Washington, D-C-area will have a new summer vacation destination.
    The Boy Scouts of America is opening a 17 (m) million-dollar camp designed for Cub Scouts. Camp Snyder is built on the same Virginia site where the Walt Disney Company tried to build an American history theme park 12 years ago.
    It has a 67-foot climbing wall, an aquatics center with water slides, areas where Scouts can dig up replica dinosaur bones and a Space Port where they can explore a simulation of Mars.
    The camp also has more than 100 acres of wetlands for study of birds and other wildlife.
    The Scouts' National Capital Council will run the camp. The council represents more than 85-thousand Scouts in the Washington area.
    Officials say the Scouts wanted a camp close to the city so the youngest Cub Scouts could experience overnight camping.
    %AP Links

Boy Scout in uniform struggles with tent poles at 1993 Jamboree, photo
    (Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    APNP 04-05-06 1140PDT

I would have put this is the news forum but I am not a super special member of the news squad, even though I work at a news station- hint hint mod's, wink

Re: Boy Scouts take the Virgina property

I was nervous for the virgins there for a moment...
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

i was thinking, "boy scouts, vaginas" what?! LOL!

oh how i love thee, d! :love:

:thumbdown Mmmhmm. Oh yeah the Boy Scouts are good enough but Disney isn't.

Well those people lost out.

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 08:15 AM on 07-20-2012.