Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All EIGHT Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All EIGHT Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

    On the way to take photos of the Subs today, on the Monorail going into the park, the Driver mentioned the upcoming changes to Pirates, PLUS the fact that there would be a new Night Time attraction at Space Mountain (he did not use the term Rock*It Mountain), but it is the first time I heard a Disneyland CM talk about the attraction in a public forum (using the Monorail Microphone going to all the cars). So I would PRESUME that both attractions will be available to the public on June 26th.

    Also, it looks like the change in drop sequence will NOT happen to ToT in 2006, but more than likely will be offered in 2007, when Finding Nemo and the new Monorails open in May.

    As for the photos, here is a look at all eight subs from this afternoon....

    http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1363561
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  • #2
    Re: All EIGHT Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

    Interesting... Thanks for the update. Can't wait to take a spin on Rock It Mountain later this summer!

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: All EIGHT Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

      awesome pictures man! thanks a bunch!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: All EIGHT Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

        http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1363561/6/64355994

        Is it just me or does the water on the red wood look like blood? Also, is Rock*It Mountain (with the asterix) the official spelling?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: All EIGHT Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

          Thanks for the pictures, Darkbeer! I am so excited about Rockit Mountain. I am looking forward to Pirates but I hope that the ride doesn't feel to much Jack Sparrow of the Carribbean.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: All EIGHT Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

            Originally posted by Pluto94
            Thanks for the pictures, Darkbeer! I am so excited about Rockit Mountain. I am looking forward to Pirates but I hope that the ride doesn't feel to much Jack Sparrow of the Carribbean.
            Oh, me too! I'm fine with the update, but I don't want to see Jack everywhere- if you know what I mean. By the way DB, great pictures as always!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: All EIGHT Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

              Let me add one comment. If you look how they placed the Subs in the Loading area, and the side spurs, the one sub that was placed near the new show building (between the new building and the cavern), it should remain there for about a week for testing new effects, then moved to the third loading dock location (now empty) prior to the water being pumped out of the lagoon. The Subs will remain in the Loading area and Side Spurs for the rest of the year, while they continue to make changes to the lagoon (once again dry) both in the now empty caverns, and the Main lagoon area (including placing the new guiderail).
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: All EIGHT Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

                Originally posted by Darkbeer
                Let me add one comment. If you look how they placed the Subs in the Loading area, and the side spurs, the one sub that was placed near the new show building (between the new building and the cavern), it should remain there for about a week for testing new effects, then moved to the third loading dock location (now empty) prior to the water being pumped out of the lagoon. The Subs will remain in the Loading area and Side Spurs for the rest of the year, while they continue to make changes to the lagoon (once again dry) both in the now empty caverns, and the Main lagoon area (including placing the new guiderail).
                Do you know what kind of effects they will be testing? I am looking forward to when the lagoon and the showbuilding itself take on more shape. It is going to be exciting!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: All EIGHT Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

                  Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                  http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1363561/6/64355994

                  Is it just me or does the water on the red wood look like blood? Also, is Rock*It Mountain (with the asterix) the official spelling?

                  It does! See, this is what happens when you take you love of the Subs TOO far.

                  Great pics, Darkbeer. Allows me to live vicariously until 2008...
                  I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: All EIGHT Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

                    Thanks, Darkbeer.

                    As always...wonderful pics! :bow: :thumbup: :yea:
                    Originally posted by migo
                    I poop with joy!
                    Best Quote...EVER!!!


                    Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: All EIGHT Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

                      since the wood is a red tint, the water looks red when it hits the wood.. Simple as that, so no, it's not blood, just water!






                      ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                      ~

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: All EIGHT Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

                        Originally posted by Evan-500
                        since the wood is a red tint, the water looks red when it hits the wood.. Simple as that, so no, it's not blood, just water!
                        Yes, that's why I asked "Is it just me or does the water on the red wood look like blood?"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: All EIGHT Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

                          Well SM is down I will have to check later, but thanks anyway DB for all you do.
                          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: All EIGHT Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

                            For some reason I can't get to the pics....will check back once I get back from Nebraska!
                            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                            it's what they are like in their HEART!


                            - Wolfette

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: All EIGHT Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

                              Smugmug is down for some maintenance, should be back shortly, they tend to be down for just a short time....

                              Heck, I have been crashing websites this week already, what is one more due to volume
                              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X