This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to drink?

Where can I get the best alcoholic drinks in DCA or DTD? I am particularly interested in "girlie" type drinks, i.e. fruity, colourful and/or blended?

Thanks for the opinions!
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Re: Where to drink?

The only place I can think of in DCA would be that Rita Margarita place in the Pacific Wharf area.
    http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
    www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
    http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Cove Bar in DCA (above Ariels)
      Lost Bar by the Neverland Pool at the Disneyland Hotel
      Uva Bar, In the middle of DTD, (Pricey but pretty drinks)
      HearthStone Lounge In the Grand Californian
      Ralph Brenenns Jazz kitchen (but I assume you need to order a meal, I didn't see a seperate bar)
      Rainforest Cafe (has a cute bar and colorful drinks)
      If I'm forgetting anything I know a bunch of people will jump in and help

(boy that looks bad :blink: Oh well )
      procrastibating

Comment

The Cove Bar has the best margarita's I have ever tasted in my entire life. And I have tasted a lot of them.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
        Mark Twain

Comment

Take Dole Whip.
          Add foreign substance.
          Enjoy!

Comment

I have to agree that the margarita shack in Pacific Wharf is pretty good, but not too strong. Personally, I like the Red Trolly beer served in the same area of the park. Tortilla Joe's in DTD has amazing margaritas!!! Mmmmm....
            Quinn Roberts | quinnandannie.com

Comment

Note, the Rita Margarita's are pre-blended Slurpee type drinks, and the Rainforest Cafe uses ICEE mix in many of their drinks.

I prefer hand made drinks.

The Cove Bar near California Screamin' has some great bartenders (try and sit at the bar) and ask the bartender for something fruity, colourful and/or blended. They will more than likely ask a couple more questions and give you a couple of choices to match up with them.

The other place that does this very well is the Lost Bar, which is a nice casual bar at the Disneyland Hotel, and the ONLY bar that has both smoking and non-smoking sections, if that is important to you. (all other bars are non-smoking due to California law).
              Last edited by Darkbeer; 04-27-2006, 12:54 PM.
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

The Neon Cactus....near the Monorail Cafe.....oh wait....the AMC is there now. Darn, I was having a 90's flashback.
                sigpic

Comment

Blue Dolphin at Lost Bar MMmmmmmm...
                  "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                  You set the bar I could not live up to
                  Tonight the light is breaking through
                  So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                  Zebrahead

Comment

Well then, Cove Bar and Lost Bar for sure! :clap:

Thanks for all the tips! Last year we did DL "commando-style." I was so intent on trying to cram EVERYTHING in that we didn't "stop to smell the roses" (so to speak.) This year I want to slow down and enjoy.
                    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
                    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Comment

I think you've received some great suggestions. I also wanted to suggest House of Blues - they have a bar that is usually not crowded, great bartenders, and great prices. They'll make you anything you like, and have a few "Voodoo" drinks as well.

Tortilla Joe's has good margaritas, and more Tequila than you thought existed, but the service has been very uneven, in my experience.

Also, if you like sweet drinks, and if you're in California Adventure, try the wine tasting of the sweet Muscato or Riesling near the Vineyard room.

Comment

Cove Bar.. thats the way to go!

And they DO have great margarita's. (not the bext I have ever tasted, for that you have to go to NI9E the PALMS Las Vegas.)

Comment

That's interesting. So they don't sell alcohol in DL but they sell it in DCA? I mean, sort of knew that because I remember coming across the "wine country" area of DCA, but I just ignore it because I actually live in the Sonoma/Napa area. XD But yeah, I never really thought about it. Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by brebo
                            That's interesting. So they don't sell alcohol in DL but they sell it in DCA? I mean, sort of knew that because I remember coming across the "wine country" area of DCA, but I just ignore it because I actually live in the Sonoma/Napa area. XD But yeah, I never really thought about it. Hmmm.
                            Not 100% true... Club 33 has a bar...
                            Check out my other blog:

Comment

XD I knew that part. I've always heard that that's the only place where they sell alcohol, so that's why I found it interesting. I didn't know that meant just DL, and not DCA too.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X