Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Screamin'

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • California Screamin'

    Ok, when I was at DCA on Wednesday California Screamin' seemed to be having issues. They were running five trains and when I got on we left the station, came out to the launch, did the "Ready Screamers? Launch in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 .... NO LAUNCH!!!

    First of all, this scared the crap out of me because we were all expecting the launch and it didn't happen! Then about 30 seconds after sitting there we hear Launch in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... and we launched! After a great ride, I got off and went to watch the launches and it seemed that the ride was having issues launching only the two green trains that were on the track. What's with this? Any Ideas??? Also, why doesn't the music work and why would they be installing this system on Space Mountain's trains if it doesn't even work on California Screamin'???
    Originally posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s



  • #2
    Space Mountain had the music system since 1996. It didnt fail often but sometimes it was not working.

    California Screamin' is:
    1. A poorly named ride.
    2. A typical amusment coaster.
    3. Wrongly placed in DCA.

    Sorry to not shed light on the mechanical problems, but I pretty much despise the ENTIRE Paradise Pier @ DCA.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
      Space Mountain had the music system since 1996. It didnt fail often but sometimes it was not working.

      California Screamin' is:
      1. A poorly named ride.
      2. A typical amusment coaster.
      3. Wrongly placed in DCA.

      Sorry to not shed light on the mechanical problems, but I pretty much despise the ENTIRE Paradise Pier @ DCA.
      Well, I like the name, I do think its clever. On your other two pints I agree, however. My biggest beef with paradise Pier is thus, Disney put everything Walt Disney was AGAINST when he build Disneyland IN ITS OWN LAND!!!












      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MiceMan
        Ok, when I was at DCA on Wednesday California Screamin' seemed to be having issues. They were running five trains and when I got on we left the station, came out to the launch, did the "Ready Screamers? Launch in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 .... NO LAUNCH!!!

        First of all, this scared the crap out of me because we were all expecting the launch and it didn't happen! Then about 30 seconds after sitting there we hear Launch in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... and we launched! After a great ride, I got off and went to watch the launches and it seemed that the ride was having issues launching only the two green trains that were on the track. What's with this? Any Ideas??? Also, why doesn't the music work and why would they be installing this system on Space Mountain's trains if it doesn't even work on California Screamin'???
        This is happened to me before as well. I don't have an answer, but I have the same questions as you. Anyone? Anyone?

        Comment


        • #5
          I think California Screamin' is a very clever name. As for Paradise Pier, the biggest thing i hate about it is the carnie games that you have to pay for to win stuffed animals. Those need to go, but DCA is a california park, and boardwalk amusement parks were a big part of California back in the day. I gotta say i'd rather go to Disney's version of the boardwalk then go to the Belmont Park or Sant Cruz boardwalks.

          But yeah...eveyrthing Walt DIsney didn't want is right there... but it's also not going anywhere, so might as well find something positive about it.

          Click the banner! ^^^^
          Follow us on Twitter
          @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
          Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

          Comment


          • #6
            Can we focus people? Does every question about an DCA attraction have to turn into a bashing session?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DisneyMickey
              This is happened to me before as well. I don't have an answer, but I have the same questions as you. Anyone? Anyone?
              Didn't it scare the crap outta you too????? I about crapped my pants! It reminded me of me nightmare on Superman at SFMM!!!
              Originally posted by drunkmom
              this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s


              Comment


              • #8
                walt disney wanted a coney island that was beautified and not full of sleezy carnies trying to make a buck. the rides in paradise pier themselves aren't anything more to make walt spin in his grave than disney's board of directors.

                from what I hear on visionsfantastic screaming is just suffering the effects of never having a routine maintanence because dca needs the ride open. space mountain's music was actually down a lot. in fact towards the end it was down period because a part of the track was messed up for it. i'm hoping that after space and ca screamin that 3rd time will be a charm and the new space mountain will have an impeccable audio system. and maybe when ca screamin finally gets its refurb it'll have some of the same.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't think it's fair to say that everything Walt didn't want was put into PP. First of all, as nobody here IS Walt (I assume!) it's not fair to say for sure what he would or wouldn't have liked. Second, I believe it is said that Walt didn't like the ATMOSPHERE of carnival style parks- dirty, unfriendly employees, etc. The actual rides themselves weren't the problem. He just didn't like the family-unfriendly atmosphere.
                  Anyways, I apologize for that disgression. Let's go back to the original topic- Screamin's mechanical problems.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Has Rockin' Rollercoaster ever had any sound issues?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      keep in mind, Cal Screamin' has been up and running since late 2000 (ride testing before DCA opened) and it has yet to undergo a single hour of scheduled rehab time. Is it any wonder its starting to have issues?
                      -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
                      -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

                      -"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
                      --DCA: World Of Color

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I don't understand why they don't just close the thing down and do a refurb. The longer they wait, the longer it will have to be closed in the future(Tiki Room). Do a paint touch up, fix whatever track problems, and get the sound WORKING!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I agree...but it appears that ALL the money for rehabs has been diverted to that little 'ol park just due north of DCA.
                          -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
                          -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

                          -"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
                          --DCA: World Of Color

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by AP2CM
                            I agree...but it appears that ALL the money for rehabs has been diverted to that little 'ol park just due north of DCA.
                            Don't mean to offend but It sounds like a retail thing go to the dept that makes the money!!
                            1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well they should at least paint those corroded handrails by the entrance and launch of the ride, on the bridge entering PP, and those trash cans in the quque for the ride. The stairs are also starting to rust. They could at least touch that up. It doesn't look too good.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X