• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ugly Orange Disneyland Resort Entrance Plaque is Under Tarps

Here are the pictures, let the speculation begin:

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1412923/2/66985019

Re: The Ugly Orange Disneyland Resort Entrance Plaque is Under Tarps

My Guess: Fresh coat of paint, and a update to the good 'old' Disneyland Resort logo.

Why the hell is the temporary banner in the bad logo font? Then, ironically, the sign below is in the good font.
    -Monorail Man

Comment

Well I would like to see an update to the old logo, well it's new now I guess. But most likely it's probably just paint.
      BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
      October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
      April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
      October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
      December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
      July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
      July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
      July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
      February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
      February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
      TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Hopefully a fresh coat of non orange paint. I don't think that any major change would have slipped under the radar, but we can hope.

Comment

I saw this on thursday and asked a cm. they said it was just paint.

of course, cm's haven't been a valid source of information for a couple of years now. they just know the same rumors as us.

Comment

What did the sign look like before the tarp? I'd like to see it please.
            Originally posted by aashee
            We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway
              Well I would like to see an update to the old logo, well it's new now I guess. But most likely it's probably just paint.
              I don't find the old sign attractive at all. I think they should rebuild it to look something like this.

~ Tokyo DisneySeas Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Wow, that Tokyo Disney Resort sign is pretty... I feel like something like that at the entrance to the DL Resort would add a "California" feel... well, at least more so than the current orange sign...
                "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

Comment

wow... now the Tokyo sign is an entrance... that would work so nice for DL... (or just DCA?) and if you modify it a little could improve the entrances to WDW... lol

Comment

But look at everything that is behind the Tokyo sign. Where do you put all of that foilage?

Comment

Maybe they could incorporate something of that design into the front entrance? It would look MUCH better than the sign they have now.
                      ~ Tokyo DisneySeas Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Why so much tarpage for the one sign?

Comment

only if they put it under purple tarps....

Comment

I'm sure they will be putting up the new logo and painting the structure. If they were tearing them out, they wouldn't have put tarps over them. They need to tear out that entrance sign in front of Tower. Those beige things that are supposed to look like curtains are horrible looking. And I just noticed not too long ago that all the signs are supposed to look like some kind of confetti and ribbon-type thing. I'm sure the two signs at the entrance of Mickey and Friends are next for painting and to replace the old California Adventure signs.

Comment

Yay! The signs look sooooo good! I hope they keep them that way forever!
                              Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X