Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fab Four at Tomorrowland Terrace

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Fab Four at Tomorrowland Terrace

    Has anyone here seen the Beatles trubute band called The Fab Four? They used to perform three times a week during the summer season a few years back and I really enjoyed watching each of their three sets. The first set was all music from the Beatles early years, such as Twist and Shout, I wanna Hold Your Hand etc. The second set ( my favorite) was all Sgt. Peppers era music and the final set was the later years. These guys were amazing! Not only did they sound just like the real deal but most of them looked like them too, especially the guy who played Paul. Anyways these guys were awesome and I wonder if any of you out there remember seeing them at the Tomorrowland Terrace. This was a few years ago because I remember the Rocket Rods were still in operation.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Re: The Fab Four at Tomorrowland Terrace

    they've been back a few times since then
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...hlight=beatles

    http://www.thefabfour.com/
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The Fab Four at Tomorrowland Terrace

      Yup, I've seen them. It was before I got into The Beatles and I wish I could see them now.
      sigpic

      Welcome to my blog!
      A Photographed Life
      12/28: Copperopolis, California

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The Fab Four at Tomorrowland Terrace

        From what I'm reading, these guys must be pretty good. Nothing to do with Disneyland, but does anyone else remember the "Beatlemania" stage show from the 70's and 80's...that was great.

        I have the dvd set of the four Ed Sullivan shows the Beatles did in 64 and 65...they have the original commercials and everything...

        --Barry

        PS...Heard a local "jock" on LA radio the other day saying that he ran into a girl who didn't realize the Paul McCartney played in another group before "Wings"...arrrgh......
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The Fab Four at Tomorrowland Terrace

          Originally posted by Radiobarry
          PS...Heard a local "jock" on LA radio the other day saying that he ran into a girl who didn't realize the Paul McCartney played in another group before "Wings"...arrrgh......
          SUCH an old joke
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The Fab Four at Tomorrowland Terrace

            I love the fab four!!!
            ...I finally changed my avatar...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The Fab Four at Tomorrowland Terrace

              I like because it gets the slow old people out of the walkways. Otherwise a big passola for me.
              Joey AKA "dlfreak"
              www.mouseinfo.com

              I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
              If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
              Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

              With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

              Create your own Virtual pet today!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The Fab Four at Tomorrowland Terrace

                The Fab-Four sounds awesome!

                And dlfreak.... Beatles fans are HARDLY slow old people! Most of them are in their 50's and plenty (like me) are the second and third generation of Beatles lovers! If you don't like them fine, but no need to make jabs at those who do!

                Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

                Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The Fab Four at Tomorrowland Terrace

                  Originally posted by ExJungleSkipper95
                  Has anyone here seen the Beatles trubute band called The Fab Four? They used to perform three times a week during the summer season a few years back and I really enjoyed watching each of their three sets. The first set was all music from the Beatles early years, such as Twist and Shout, I wanna Hold Your Hand etc. The second set ( my favorite) was all Sgt. Peppers era music and the final set was the later years. These guys were amazing! Not only did they sound just like the real deal but most of them looked like them too, especially the guy who played Paul. Anyways these guys were awesome and I wonder if any of you out there remember seeing them at the Tomorrowland Terrace. This was a few years ago because I remember the Rocket Rods were still in operation.
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe they were there just this past Summer. I was listening to them as we were leaving the autopia. I'm pretty sure it was them.

                  On the not quite so fab four side, I saw Benny Hill and the Hillbillies just yesterday, and they did a tribute to the Beatles. They all had their mop top wigs on, and the show was actually pretty good! :bow: Who knew that Beatles tunes still sounded good when played by a blue grass band? :blink:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The Fab Four at Tomorrowland Terrace

                    Originally posted by localdisnyfan
                    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe they were there just this past Summer. I was listening to them as we were leaving the autopia. I'm pretty sure it was them.
                    I checked out the thread that AliasD posted, localdisny, and indeed it appears that the Fab Four played at the DLR last August.

                    And Alias, I know the McCartney thing is old...the jock I was listening to, though, told it like it was the first time it had ever been said...:shy: oh well...
                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The Fab Four at Tomorrowland Terrace

                      I loved them all last summer. Not only was it cool to watch their sets, but it was cool to be crusing in Autopia and hearing them waift across the roadways.


                      I'm 26 and I've never met a bigger Beatles fan. It was my specialty in High School.
                      St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

                      "Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert




                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The Fab Four at Tomorrowland Terrace

                        Originally posted by dlfreak
                        I like because it gets the slow old people out of the walkways. Otherwise a big passola for me.
                        Who you callin'....slow???

                        Beatles fans are HARDLY slow old people! Most of them are in their 50's and plenty (like me) are the second and third generation of Beatles lovers!
                        A-men to that, A-hyperbole!!!

                        --Barry
                        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The Fab Four at Tomorrowland Terrace

                          The fact that they still occasionally play D-Land is quite a bargain: they're now a pretty decent draw in Vegas, have been at the Aladdin for some time and, I believe, now have a new deal with another casino for their own theater and headlining gig.
                          Mr. Dark
                          Writer, Disney geek, madman.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The Fab Four at Tomorrowland Terrace

                            Originally posted by Radiobarry
                            Nothing to do with Disneyland, but does anyone else remember the "Beatlemania" stage show from the 70's and 80's...that was great.

                            --Barry





                            Yep, I saw their show at the Orpheum in San Francisco in 79/80. I still have my ticket stubs somewhere in my desk.

                            It was a great show!




                            Oh, and yes, we did see the Fab Four last year at the Resort. The kids thought that they were the real Beatles!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The Fab Four at Tomorrowland Terrace

                              Having seen both Beatlemania and the Fab 4, I prefer the latter. Seeing them in a small venue like Tomorrowland Terrace (am I dating myself?) only adds to the experience. Intimacy, and all that

                              I remember an old Al Lutz article (Mouse Planet, maybe even pre-MP D-I-G) pointing out the irony of the F4 playing "Yellow Submarine" while a fleet of yellow submarines sat gathering mold and rust just a few hundred feet away .......
                              "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                              - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X