Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Frito Kid

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Frito Kid

    While reading at Yesterland I learned of an actual Frito Kid vending machine...

    "You only want a snack? While at the Casa, visit the Frito Kid, a combination statue and vending machine. Drop a nickel in the coin slot and a bag of delicious Fritos corn chips appears in the Kid's gold mine."

    Does anyone have a photo of the Frito Kid? I've never seen him. I assume this is what used to say "Hey Klondike! How 'bout another bag of deeeeee-licious Fritos!"

  • #2
    Re: The Frito Kid

    Originally posted by Tinkerbell
    While reading at Yesterland I learned of an actual Frito Kid vending machine...

    "You only want a snack? While at the Casa, visit the Frito Kid, a combination statue and vending machine. Drop a nickel in the coin slot and a bag of delicious Fritos corn chips appears in the Kid's gold mine."

    Does anyone have a photo of the Frito Kid? I've never seen him. I assume this is what used to say "Hey Klondike! How 'bout another bag of deeeeee-licious Fritos!"
    i know there is a picture of him in the Disneyland Then-Now-And Forever book

    My Maleficent tattoo


    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The Frito Kid

      I don't have that one unfortunately.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The Frito Kid

        As a kid, I remember buying Fritos from "the kid" but cannot remember what the machine looked like! Here's a picture of him, though:
        Attached Files
        "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
        -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-


        When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The Frito Kid

          Oh cool! So vintage, I love it! Thanks for posting!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The Frito Kid

            Originally posted by GrimmGreen
            i know there is a picture of him in the Disneyland Then-Now-And Forever book
            I found him in the book and did a scan of him for you! Enjoy!


            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The Frito Kid

              Wow how cool thanks for sharing
              :crazylegs

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The Frito Kid

                Wow.. totally didn't picture the machine to look like that. Thanks =D

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The Frito Kid

                  So... do you think they threw it away... or does some Disney bigwig or savvy CM have it stashed somewhere to this day?
                  "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                  -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-


                  When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The Frito Kid

                    Cool machine, but it creeps me out a little.
                    My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The Frito Kid

                      Where were these vending machines located?
                      Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

                      Stop by my website
                      http://www.ericedunn.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The Frito Kid

                        Casa de Fritos (rancho del zocalo now)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The Frito Kid

                          Looks like an early prototype for Splash Frito Mountain.

                          Originally posted by SpookyBear
                          I found him in the book and did a scan of him for you! Enjoy!






                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The Frito Kid

                            Drop a nickel in the coin slot and a bag of delicious Fritos corn chips appears in the Kid's gold mine
                            Hehe... that sounds dirty.
                            Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
                            http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518


                            Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The Frito Kid

                              Here is the song that went along with the Frito kid...

                              http://www.1313southharborblvd.com/A...de%20Frito.mp3
                              I LOVE DISNEYLAND !!!! :bow:

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X