This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherman, set the wayback machine to Disneyland 1974

Here's some more shots of Disneyland in 1974, along with a 5 year old Oogie Boogie.

This was taken in Bear Country. Behind me is the exit from the Country Bear Jamboree.

The Bathrooms in Bear Country....

Brer Bear in front of the Hills Bros Coffee Garden on Main Street. It doesn't look like this character has changed much.

Is it me, or does the park look empty in these pix? These were taken in the summer btw.

My grandmother and I on Dumbo

A view of the Matterhorn from Fantasyland..

The Jungle Cruise dock...

The Mark Twain with the Disneyland Band. Its kinda wierd looking twords Frontierland and not seeing Thunder Mountain in the background.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: Sherman, set the wayback machine to Disneyland 1974

And a few more...

The Mark Twain again looking twords Tom Saywer Island.

The Teacups. Before they put the governorers on them to control the speed.

Oogie and his grandfather at the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

Comment

Those are great pictures!! I have a baggie full of old Disneyland pics I'll have to go through mine!!!

Comment

These are great! Thanks for sharing. And it sure does look empty ... I miss the Mile Long Bar.
        Magic Journeys...

Comment

Wow! Thanks for sharing these pictures with us Never saw Critter (or should I say Bear?) Country like that.

Comment

Whoa, it looks so different! Great pics!

Comment

It may look different - but still looks really fun.
              sigpic
              Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Those are great!

Comment

Great pics!!!! It is hard to look at pics of the park from before the mtn. range was more then 1. It all looks so flat and empty.

J
                  Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

Reminds me of those mornings when we got up at Oh-Dark-Thirty and hustled down to Disneyland before the Rope Drop, and had breakfast at the Coffee Garden watching everyone else rushing in - although I thought it was named the "Egg House"...

The shot through the City Hall side entrance tunnel - and from the visible seam in the pavement (look at the bottom of the picture) they have repaired/replaced that storm drain line there more than once in the last 55 years... (Redone again in the mid 90's when they did the paver bricks, and they *still* haven't fixed the low spot that gets stagnant and stinky...)

And TSI with no Harper's Mill on the end.

What kind of film were these prints/slides on? There's notable color shift on some of them :blush: especially the SFR Treehouse and Jungle Cruise. (Photoshop Elements. And an LCD monitor.)

--<< Bruce >>--
                    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I love the pictures! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman
                        Reminds me of those mornings when we got up at Oh-Dark-Thirty and hustled down to Disneyland before the Rope Drop, and had breakfast at the Coffee Garden watching everyone else rushing in - although I thought it was named the "Egg House"...

The shot through the City Hall side entrance tunnel - and from the visible seam in the pavement (look at the bottom of the picture) they have repaired/replaced that storm drain line there more than once in the last 55 years... (Redone again in the mid 90's when they did the paver bricks, and they *still* haven't fixed the low spot that gets stagnant and stinky...)

And TSI with no Harper's Mill on the end.

What kind of film were these prints/slides on? There's notable color shift on some of them :blush: especially the SFR Treehouse and Jungle Cruise. (Photoshop Elements. And an LCD monitor.)

--<< Bruce >>--
                        I'm not sure what my parents used. I think it was a 35mm. I know they also did slides along with the picture prints.

Comment

Thank you for sharing the pictures. They are wonderful.

Comment

Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing!

(And weren't you just adorable! Love the "Eight is Enough" haircut.)

Comment

Thanks for sharring those. Awww, Oogie Boogie was cute, what Happened?:lmao: Just kidding. Oogie Boogie is cool.

Thos pics bring back so many memories. I used to get coffee in the mornigs there, and I think at one time they even had a waffle and/or pancake type breakfast thing as well. The inside was very dark, quiet and victorian.

Interestin to see the lack of crowds, and it summer to boot. Oh those were the days, but today the Park could not survive with attendance like that. But it was sure nice to see the old Disneyland again. Thank you for sharing.
                              Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X