This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 'Bot Family Trip Report 5/12/06

My husband attended an all day seminar in Buena Park on Friday, so the kids and I decided to meet him at Disneyland for dinner and some fun.

After getting sweatshirts for the kids, we headed to meet Nathan who was holding a table for us at the Carnation Cafe. We had perfect timing as the Parade of Dreams was just starting. The kids had a terrific time watching the POD as they ate their dinner. As usual the food and service at Carnation Cafe were impeccable. The kids even created their own trail mix with the leftovers on their Peanut Butter Sandwich Palette.

While walking over to dinner, I noticed Maynard in a Jungle Cruise Skipper Costume doing crowd control for the parade. I really hope that they are allowing him to go off script again. There is nothing quite like a Maynard Skippered cruise around the jungle.

We headed over to Jungle Cruise, which we were hoping to get in before it got too dark. Great skipper, good jokes. I think she even threw in a couple new jokes for fun. I love that the skippers still try to fit in the jokes about the queue at Indy. Not even the wall of bushes can stop the jokes.

Next we went to the Haunted Mansion. I was excited to see the rest of the changes. Wow. I was blown away by the finished product in the attic. The wedding photos are incredible and I think the bride is super creepy. As we were going through the graveyard scene, my 7 year old son tells me his theory of the jumping heads. He thinks that they are the heads of Constance's husbands. Very cute that he figured that one out on his own.

As a total surprise to us, Ali is finally in love with the Haunted Mansion. She was sad that we couldn't go on again. One down, about a dozen to go (in terms of getting her on rides she is afraid of).

We took the train to the Toontown Depot so that we could ride it's a small world before the fireworks began. Great ride, as usual. Nathan and the kids found a fireworks watching spot while I got us some popcorn. It was the first time we have watched the new fireworks shoe from that vantage point. I was blown away by the projections on the IASW facade. So much more that I have ever seen on the Castle.

We were able to see Tinkerbelle fly, and the big swirly firework that comes up at the end of the Fantasyland section of the show was immense from that backside! There are still some cool effects that really should be seen from the Hub, but I was very impressed with how Disney has made accommodations for those who wish to not brave the crowds at the Hub. It was nice to allow the kids some wiggle room too.

During the finale of the show, we jetted over to Buzz to get in line before the crowds dispersed at the Hub. The ride was great. Had a blast with the kids. Brian is getting better at his aim. Ali tries her best.

We were on our way to the Tommorrowland Train Station to hitch a ride to the front of the park, but we took a slight detour to dance with Goofy & Pluto at Club Buzz Terrace. The dancing was great, even though we were all exhausted. Live music in Tomorrowland brings back a flood of memories every time. This time though, I had fun creating some new memories with my family.

We did the train thing, then headed out of the park and back to reality. This is the most we have done in one night at the DLR in a long time. We had a fantastic time.
    Last edited by mamabot; 05-15-2006, 10:32 AM.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Re: The 'Bot Family Trip Report 5/12/06

Nice trip report. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I am glad you had such a nice trip. Great that Ali is now not afraid of the Haunted Mansion. I would think with that one down, the others will be a piece of cake. Thanks for sharing.
      Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Nice report, thanks much ( more pictures next time Please))))) :0 great looking family!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla
          Nice report, thanks much ( more pictures next time Please))))) :0 great looking family!!!
          We always seem to forget to bring the camera when we go to DL these days. I might have a couple on my phone...
          Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
          I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Yay for Alidoll!! :clap: Glad you guys had such a great time!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

awww I love the pictures, I especially love that you kicked Nathan's butt :lol:
              What a great sounding trip!
              "Tonight I wash my hands of you
              You set the bar I could not live up to
              Tonight the light is breaking through
              So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
              Zebrahead

Comment

What a fun evening!

Comment

Makes me want to be there. Thanks for the virtual trip!

Comment

Nice to see your family had such great evening together. I look forward to those family moments with my own some day.
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Great trip report
                      :crazylegs

Comment

Thanks for the great report! And thanks for the tip about watching the fireworks near IASW! I'll try that next time...I like and need a little breathing room, and that's obviously hard to come by at the hub.

Thanks again!!
                        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Thanks for the report. We leave for Disneyland Wednesday and you just wetted my appetite even more. We might try your spot for the fireworks. I am a bit nervous about the crowd in front of the hub. I heard reports when they first started this new fireworks show that people were calling 911 on their cell phones because they were so jammed in there. A bit of breathing room would be nice!

Comment

Sounds like such a great trip! I'm glad you guys had so much fun and family togetherness.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
                            Mark Twain

Comment

Ah, how brave is Ali?
                              Thanks for sharing your report!
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain